I travel a lot and experience many different hotels. So I try to be fair and objective when referring or criticizing hotels.
Business required, yep, required a trip to St Kitt's. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it. Since my plans were last minute, the only decent place to stay was OTI. So I was concerned reading some of the commentary on Tripadvisor. First recommendation, measure negative remarks about any hotel by how picky the reviewer is. YOU know what I mean. If we're talking about dirt in the corner of a room, the reviewer has too much time on their hands and not really looking at the big picture.
I would recommend OTI without hesitation but with some qualifications. First, their service is great. In the last year, new management has been focusing heavily on providing a great experience for the guest. Every staff member greeted me with a genuine smile and showed sincere interest. I will overlook other weaknesses if I am getting exceptional service. Is the property older and needing some updates? Yes. Is the price of the stay a good value? Absolutely! Since OTI is not in the heart of the more frequented touristy areas, they seem to bend over backward to accommodate guest interests.
While the property and management are committed to making updates, OTI is a charming setting and is a great alternate to the big, predicable hotel resorts. It's certainly a better reflection of St Kitt's history and culture, but that's what this traveler prefers. I would steer you to OTI or Ottley's before the Marriott, if I may be so forward.
Watch for Ocean Terrace Inn to be an emerging treasure in a developing St Kitt's tourist market.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Terrace Hotel Basseterre
- Ocean Terrace Hotel
- Ocean Terrace Basseterre
- Ocean Terrace Inn St. Kitts/Basseterre
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ocean Terrace Inn is a hilltop oasis nestled amidst tropical gardens that offer breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea below. It’s a true St. Kitts institution and a perfect Caribbean getaway.Ocean Terrace Inn has long been recognized as one of St. Kitts’ premier hotels, renowned for its special island style and warm genuine hospitality. Located just a short distance from the capital city of Basseterre, Ocean Terrace Inn is also close to St. Kitts’ vibrant mix of shopping, cultural and historical sites. In search of that romantic tropical vacation, or the perfect location for your next business meeting, then come visit St. Kitts and Ocean Terrace Inn, a slice of paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Ocean Terrace Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.