I was one of a group booked into this hotel by a travel agent so our first impressions weren't good. The first great disappointment was that there were no Tea/Coffee making facilities in the rooms.
The hotel could be so much better if a little money was spent on updating the accommodation and clearing and landscaping the grounds. The view from the rooms was lovely especially when watching a stunning sunset.The staff were friendly and helpful and always had a smile.
There were not enough sunbeds around the pool,and none on the beach when we arrived but they did find a few more after a couple of days.
The beach bar had a better menu than the main restaurant but closed at 6 so we didn't eat there much. The bar had no atmosphere so we had early evening drinks outside one of our ground floor rooms overlooking the sea.
BARIS BAR SITUATED A COUPLE OF HUNDRED YARDS AWAY ON THE RD TO BASSETERRE WAS THE BEST. Nothing to look at, but good food (the best red snapper) , cheap drinks, Lovely people and a pool table where the locals will challenge you to a West Indies v England series.
Incidentally our age group ranged from 50 -70
Overall an ok Hotel. Good for divers and couples but not for groups.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a secluded cove overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Bird Rock Beach Hotel captivates you with its tranquil setting and its warm hospitality. Guests have access to a wide variety of water based activities including swimming, kayaking, snorkeling and scuba diving. There are three restaurants including Rocky’s Beach Bar & Grill. The hotel’s 46 air-conditioned rooms are tastefully furnished and include a king-size bed or two queen-size beds, full bathrooms, cable TV, and private balconies with spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea. Kids 11 and under say free when sharing with adults. Dive St Kitts, the island’s premier dive operation, is located at the base of the hotel. The private harbor shelters the 32' twin 200HP monohull and is perfectly located on one of the best, easy access, shore dives on the Caribbean side of St Kitts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Bird Rock Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bird Rock Beach Resort
- Bird Rock Beach Basseterre
- Bird Rock Beach Hotel St. Kitts/Basseterre