I checked on TA before I booked and it was better than I expected by a mile.
Up front, I will say that if you have any mobility problems, and cant do stairs, this is not the place for you. I am a diver so booked because of "Dive St. Kitts" being on site (reviewed seperately),
but 2 minutes from your room to the dock is as good as it gets! Upon arrival I was checked in quickly and had a huge room which included a kitchen, and full size fridge with a nice ocean view.
Without exception all the staff were great. Nuff said. I wish I could remember names better than I do, but Devon and Latoya from "Rockies Beach Bar" come to mind, sorry to the rest of you great folks there who really deserve a mention. I had dinner 3 times in the restaurant and it was excellent on every occaision. The menu, while limited, changes daily and I had to try the Mutton Stew. It was great, but FYI Mutton here does not refer to sheep as I thought, but is actually Goat.
The hotel is about a mile from the nearest store, and 2 from the edge of town, so unless you really like a good walk then you need a taxi. ( I recommend Smokies Taxi Service, 664 3786)
but the front desk will get one for you PDQ. All in all, clean , comfortable, nice view, good food, just a bit out of town, and lots of stairs. Also very quiet when I was there, last week Jan 2013. Will go back.
- Also Known As:
- Bird Rock Beach Resort
- Bird Rock Beach Basseterre
- Bird Rock Beach Hotel St. Kitts/Basseterre
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a secluded cove overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Bird Rock Beach Hotel captivates you with its tranquil setting and its warm hospitality. Guests have access to a wide variety of water based activities including swimming, kayaking, snorkeling and scuba diving. There are three restaurants including Rocky’s Beach Bar & Grill. The hotel’s 46 air-conditioned rooms are tastefully furnished and include a king-size bed or two queen-size beds, full bathrooms, cable TV, and private balconies with spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea. Kids 11 and under say free when sharing with adults. Dive St Kitts, the island’s premier dive operation, is located at the base of the hotel. The private harbor shelters the 32' twin 200HP monohull and is perfectly located on one of the best, easy access, shore dives on the Caribbean side of St Kitts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Bird Rock Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.