We stayed here for two weeks and had a delightful stay. This is a locally owned, older property. In the US, you might compare it to a Motel 6. It is clean, comfortable, and the delightful staff will leave a light on for you. The pool is nice, and down the stairs is a delightful beach with a bar (chicken tacos are fab). We found everyone to be helpful about getting the rooms set, calling cabs, etc.
It is a bit far from anything: you can walk into town, and we did several times, but if you aren't renting a car it can feel a bit out of the way. On the flip side, it's in a nice neighborhood surrounded by homes and we enjoyed walking around. The owner has breakfast there everyday: the Resturant food is good and fresh.
You can rent snorkel or scuba gear here.
The rooms are dated--other reviews mentioned the 1980s--but my big thing is that it was clean, the view of the ocean was amazing, the grounds were lovely, and the people terrific.
We met many lovely locals here: I think a place that locals will go is a good place. We would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a secluded cove overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Bird Rock Beach Hotel captivates you with its tranquil setting and its warm hospitality. Guests have access to a wide variety of water based activities including swimming, kayaking, snorkeling and scuba diving. There are three restaurants including Rocky’s Beach Bar & Grill. The hotel’s 46 air-conditioned rooms are tastefully furnished and include a king-size bed or two queen-size beds, full bathrooms, cable TV, and private balconies with spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea. Kids 11 and under say free when sharing with adults. Dive St Kitts, the island’s premier dive operation, is located at the base of the hotel. The private harbor shelters the 32' twin 200HP monohull and is perfectly located on one of the best, easy access, shore dives on the Caribbean side of St Kitts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Bird Rock Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bird Rock Beach Resort
- Bird Rock Beach Basseterre
- Bird Rock Beach Hotel St. Kitts/Basseterre