The front desk staff was very friendly. However, having to go to the office to get things out or put things in the safety deposit box was very inconvenient. They are small -- I-pad won't fit. One night I went to the office to get items out of our safety deposit box & the office was dark & locked up. It was 8:10 & there was a sign posted on the door that said they were open until 9:00.
Our first night there we had been flying most of the day & were famished. When we went to the restaurant to eat, a gentleman said we would have to go to the beach bar, even though the book in the room said they were open until 9:00. When we got to the beach bar, no one was interested in taking our order. We finally got served (only from the appetizers menu) but it took a very long time & we felt we were imposing.
When we arrived the next morning for breakfast at 10:50, the waitress made a rude comment about breakfast ending at 11.00. Our last night, we again went to the restaurant & were immediately sent to Diana's which should be open until 9:30. We arrived at 8:30 & were told all we could order were hamburgers. Unbelieveable! We stayed at Bird Rock for a week & never saw the complete menu. They just weren't interested in selling food.
Our first morning we were woken by the maid pounding on the door. She would not quit until we opened the door. We had no sleep the previous night preparing to fly. I guess they have never heard of do not disturb.
Our room didn't have a water view because of trees outside our window. Our stay was disappointing. I know it is off season, but if you don't have it, don't advertise it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a secluded cove overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Bird Rock Beach Hotel captivates you with its tranquil setting and its warm hospitality. Guests have access to a wide variety of water based activities including swimming, kayaking, snorkeling and scuba diving. There are three restaurants including Rocky’s Beach Bar & Grill. The hotel’s 46 air-conditioned rooms are tastefully furnished and include a king-size bed or two queen-size beds, full bathrooms, cable TV, and private balconies with spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea. Kids 11 and under say free when sharing with adults. Dive St Kitts, the island’s premier dive operation, is located at the base of the hotel. The private harbor shelters the 32' twin 200HP monohull and is perfectly located on one of the best, easy access, shore dives on the Caribbean side of St Kitts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Bird Rock Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bird Rock Beach Resort
- Bird Rock Beach Basseterre
- Bird Rock Beach Hotel St. Kitts/Basseterre