To really appreciate this property you need to be a scuba diver that has traveled the Caribbean to dive. On first blush the property seems remote, but if you are a dedicated diver, that isn't a bad thing. The boat for Dive St. Kitts, and the dive shop is on property making short boat trips to various reefs extremely easy. We were a group of 17 divers who requested a later boat and the crew was happy to give us the extra time. They also did everything in their power to make our experience as exciting and pleasurable as they could. They made adjustments for several of our group that had physical limitations. The food was wholesome. I am not going to pretend that if you are addicted to McD's or only "american" food you will be happy. But if you are looking for a taste of the island and willing to take a chance, you won't be disappointed. Things that you expect to be the same as "home" (spaghetti, tacos, etc.) will not be ask you think they should, but they are good. My room had a very difficult door, both to open and close. The staff called in a carpenter to plane the door and we never had any problem with it afterward.
OH, and the pool bar that has been closed for 4 years? If there is a big enough group requesting it--the pool bar is "open". Great staff, pleasant and willing to please. But if you are an entitled ugly American. . .don't waste their or your time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a secluded cove overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Bird Rock Beach Hotel captivates you with its tranquil setting and its warm hospitality. Guests have access to a wide variety of water based activities including swimming, kayaking, snorkeling and scuba diving. There are three restaurants including Rocky’s Beach Bar & Grill. The hotel’s 46 air-conditioned rooms are tastefully furnished and include a king-size bed or two queen-size beds, full bathrooms, cable TV, and private balconies with spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea. Kids 11 and under say free when sharing with adults. Dive St Kitts, the island’s premier dive operation, is located at the base of the hotel. The private harbor shelters the 32' twin 200HP monohull and is perfectly located on one of the best, easy access, shore dives on the Caribbean side of St Kitts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your Bird Rock Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bird Rock Beach Resort
- Bird Rock Beach Basseterre
- Bird Rock Beach Hotel St. Kitts/Basseterre