We stayed at the Bird Rock 1/13/12-1/23/12 on our annual "small hotel/dive gettaway on an island in January" trip. The Bird Rock met all of our expectations.
We avoid the big hotels and busy night life whenever we can so finding the Bird Rock was a great pleasure. The hotel warned us that is was out of the way in case we were looking for something else. I thought that was a nice touch-trying in insure that we knew what we were getting.
In contrast to many St. Kitts hotels, the Bird Rock's rooms face the water. Most have a porch which is perfect for morning coffee and evening sunsets, which we used every day to enjoy both the sun and the free drink which came with our day of diving. This is a very nice setting.
The staff and management were the best we have experienced in our 20 year of this kind of island travel. Friendly. Helpful. No sign of distraction from their jobs ever. Management helped to arrange a scooter rental for a bit less than average priciing.
The hotel is not new, but it is servicable. There is pealing paint and broken fixtures in places, but everything works. Our room was quite large and the furniture was not new, but the bed was comfortable and that was about all we used the room for. We had a problem with our shower which was fixed within an hour.
We used the swimming pool every day. It was clean and inviting always.
We bought the breakfast package and found a full and diverse menu of well prepared food which was severed by staff who learned who you were and by the third day knwo what you wanted and prepared for our arrival. We had only one dinner at the hotel chosing rather to use our scooter to explore the island and its restaurants. Good burger from the beach bar. AND the beer is cold!!
If you are looking for lux and spiffy go elsewhere. if you want to be welcomed and served by folks who are glad you are there, give Greg and his staff a try.
- Also Known As:
- Bird Rock Beach Resort
- Bird Rock Beach Basseterre
- Bird Rock Beach Hotel St. Kitts/Basseterre
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a secluded cove overlooking the Caribbean Sea, Bird Rock Beach Hotel captivates you with its tranquil setting and its warm hospitality. Guests have access to a wide variety of water based activities including swimming, kayaking, snorkeling and scuba diving. There are three restaurants including Rocky’s Beach Bar & Grill. The hotel’s 46 air-conditioned rooms are tastefully furnished and include a king-size bed or two queen-size beds, full bathrooms, cable TV, and private balconies with spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea. Kids 11 and under say free when sharing with adults. Dive St Kitts, the island’s premier dive operation, is located at the base of the hotel. The private harbor shelters the 32' twin 200HP monohull and is perfectly located on one of the best, easy access, shore dives on the Caribbean side of St Kitts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bird Rock Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.