“Fabulous meal!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Fabulous meal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

This was our second trip to the island after 2 years and I couldn't wait to get back for the spinach fettuccine Alfredo! We took our kids and my parents with us this trip and they loved their meals! Definitely one of the best restaurants on the island!

Visited February 2014

Baltimore, Maryland
“Genuine Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Our group of 8 had a wonderful experience. We had five or six dishes between us and each was excellent. The owners, the Visinonis, were authentic and full of personality. The wine selection was good, the pasta and sauces were homemade. We dined on the patio - wonderful. It was probably the first 3 hour dinner I've ever had where I wasn't impatient. One of the couples with us came back two more times that week. A special evening.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore,Md
“A genuine Italian meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed at the nearby Marriott and walked the 6 or 7 minutes from the hotel to this nice place. There were indoor or outdoor patio (this is a plus in St. Kitts ) tables. The pace moved at island time, but not irritatingly slow.
We were a group of 8. Some had pasta dishes, some had fish dishes. Every one of our group of 8 loved his/her food.The ingredients were "real" not processed.
The owner/operators were pleasant and ( this helped alot) candid about which of their dishes tasted best.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Joplin, Missouri
“Best food on the island!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

The lobster ravioli was wonderful!!! We liked it so much we came back a second time to try something else. The service was great and the owner(a real italian) came over to chat with you and make sure we liked what we had ordered. It is real italian food, not just tomato sauce and garlic over noodles! The patio dinning was nice. This wasn't the fanciest restaurant we went to, but it was hands down the best all around meal (s) we had while on St.Kitts!

Visited February 2014
Alexandria, VA
“Worst Food I've Ever Had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband, another couple, and I went to Ciao on Valentine's Day during our stay in St Kitts - it was quite possibly the worst food I've had in my life. The service was insanely slow (yes, I understand island time...but this was unbearable) and the waitstaff knew nothing about the items on the menu (or that the carnations they were handing out to the ladies weren't actually roses). We ordered the grilled vegetables and caprese as appetizers...and I'll give the veggies props - they were tasty, although extremely over priced. The caprese on the other hand was shameful. There were tiny little chunks of mozzarella that didn't come close to being enough for the tomatoes and it was chewy and slightly discolored. I ordered the pumpkin ravioli for my main course and it was truly inedible to eat; it tasted like stale bread and the pasta itself was hard around the edges. We spent almost 250 US Dollars for this meal and I still get mad when I think about how crappy the experience and food were at Ciao. There are far better restaurants on the island...don't waste your time with this over priced tourist trap.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere