“pleasant holiday in peaceful location” 3 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Sealofts on the Beach
Frigate Bay, St. Kitts   |
essex
“pleasant holiday in peaceful location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

Family holiday of two adults and two older teens. Booked direct with owner, which went mostly without problem,although (as with previous reviewer) arriving on a Saturday afternoon when the office was shut was potentially a nightmare. Luckily I remembered the review that said the loft was left open, with key inside, because this had not been communicated prior to the visit. Peaceful and very quiet at time of our visit for most of the time, apart from short period of noisy neighbours in adjoining property. Several of the properties were leased by US vet/med students and we hit the end of term period. Most sealofts are semi-detached, which I hadn't appreciated at time of booking, and walls are quite thin. Living area is open plan, and quite compact. Double bedroom is very small with very limited space (eg only room for one bedside table), but upstairs bedroom is large with two double beds. There is one bathroom with overbath shower in main living area, and an additional shower on basement floor. Kitchen fairly well equipped, although had only 1 oven tray but 7 frying pans! Lovely balcony however this varies property to property (some very little balcony) and beautiful gardens. Atlantic coast within view and easy reach:however was rough to the point of being dangerous during our stay, and lots of debris/rubbish was washed up on the beach. Caribean ocean was within easy walk and much calmer, with great bars. Complex pool was small but beautifully kept, and very warm. The couple of maintanance issues we reported were dealt with promptly and with good humour.
I had mixed feelings about St Kitts: went to Carriacou (Bogles roundhouse) year before which was more 'raw' carribean (much less luxury, much more humidity and bugs), and have to admit that wowed me far more. There is massive development going on in the St Kitts peninsular: wrecking roads and significantly changing the landscape. Much of the time I felt that I was viewed as a 'cash cow' by locals: prices were often outragous, and quality mediocre.
The holiday was pleasant, relaxing, but in some ways lacking.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Warwick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

We had a week here to celebrate our silver wedding and the 18th and 21st birthdays of our children. It was ideally placed for frigate bay restaurants and did not disappoint. The lofts are a wonderful aqua colour and very well -maintained. The grounds are stunning, we walked through the palm trees, and beautful flowering plants to the pool and then on to the Atlantic ocean, we had the sun beds to ourselves the whole time, and loved jumping in the waves there. We rented a car in order to see the rest of this lovely unspoilt island, but we also walked to several great places. The management is very hands off, we really only saw them when we needed to- as in getting the toilet fixed, which was done in hours, so no complaints at all.Security- we never felt unsafe at all during the 2 weeks here and on Nevis, wherever we go in the world we take sensible precautions of course.
The beds in our loft were very comfortable, and it was very well equipped with everything we needed.
on Sunday it is very hard to find a shop open, so get food supplies in before that! We would go again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2006

I work as a consultant, even when I am on supposedly on holidays. It is essential that I have access to high speed internet and telephones. I hate the cold Canadian winters and I want to be somewhere warm in January and February. We also like to have all the comforts of home e.g. cable TV, office, king size bed, living room, dining area, kitchen, washer, dryer, wall safe, 2 bath rooms, etc. Also being a cheap Scotsman I watch my pennies. I looked at several islands and at several offerings. I chose Sealofts as it seemed to meet all my criteria - but I had my doubts.

After spending February of 2006 at Sealofts I am now back for January and February of 2007. The weather was just about perfect. I never once had the air conditioner on. The units open up on three sides so there is always a nice breeze. You are in walking distance of several good restaurants and bars. You are within a five to 10 minute drive from the grocery stores and the airport.

This year the owner of the condo has thrown in a car which saved me about $900 on a car rental. She also included 1,000 minutes per month on a telephone that allows me to keep in contact with my clients in Canada.

When I want to relax, we would drive for 15 minutes along the mountinous peninsula to Turtle Beach for a swim and to watch the wild goats, monkeys and cows. Often we would be the only people on this mile long beach. The water was not at all rough and you have a great view of Nevis.

St. Kitts is a bit like stepping back to a quieter, gentler time. No one is pestering you for money or trying to sell you junk. The locals are very proud and soft spoken. It almost brought me to tears when I attended a meeting where they sang their national anthem. The island is not flooded with tourists and I selfishly hope that it never is.

Some islands suffer from a lack of fresh water. Not St. Kitts. The gigantic 4,000 foot mountain in the middle of the island is constantly covered in a rain cloud. I suspect it might have rained in February at Sealofts for a few minutes, but no longer.

A cleaning lady came in all day every, other week to clean the unit for $28 US. Which is a fraction of what we pay in Canada. She did an excellent job.

What negatives if any did I have. We had a pool view and I would have preferred an ocean view but that was no big thing. Their was both wireless and wired internet. Sometimes the wireless ran into problems and I would then switch to the wired computer. The apartment while adequately furnished was not luxiously furnished but for the price I was paying this is to be expected.

Travelling for almost 40 years, I think this is the first time we have returned to the same location. It must be special.

Stayed February 2006
michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2006

We stayed two weeks at the "Sealofts On the Beach" in Frigate Bay. You unit is a three story condo with balconys that overlook the ocean and palms around the poolside. Never had to use air conditioning because there was always a soft breeze in the evening. Loved falling to sleep listening the the tree frogs chirp with the background of waves against the shore. We stayed in unit #16 which has it's balcony facing the pool and ocean beyond. It was a dream vacation and we are definitely going back. Everything you need to live except food is in the condo. Washer and dryers, full kitchens, sheets and even beach towels.

Stayed June 2006
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2006

Went on our honeymoon in the first week of June. Great time of year in St. Kitts - not too busy.

Sealoft was everything we thought it would be by it's website. Staff was friendly and extremely helpful, as was the rest of the island.

Beautiful beaches, warm water, great food, relaxation and cold beer. It was ten days of heaven.

We'll be back, and we'll stay at Sealoft again. The Marriot was nice (we walked through) but its a little too big and ritzy - you lose the Carribean charm when you go into a place like that. You may as well be in Atlantic City or something.

Try lunch at Rawlings Plantation Inn(pricey, but amazing), and check out the Caribelle Boutique. The best (easiest) snorkeling is at South Frigate Bay and Cockleshell Beach.

-Jason and Maria Kast,
Rochester, NY

Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2005

We stayed at Sealofts for a week's vacation and loved it so much that we purchased a condo there. We have rented it a couple of times to other people and they have loved it as well. One of the reasons we purchased there is because we at no time felt unsafe. The second floor slider in all condos has to be reached by climbing up to it with a ladder or some other form. There are bright lights for security every other condo. People walk the roads in Frigate Bay well after dark.

I would recommend Sealofts and St. Kitts to anyone who wanted a Caribbean vacation.

• Stayed February 2004
Bromley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2005

We opted for Sealofts after checking out most of the hotels etc.in the area, and it was definately the right choice. The condos were in an ideal location for town and Frigate Bay was on our doorstep. The condo was fully equiped as stated, with enough room for everyone. They are ideal for family,friends or just a couple. The complex was set in tranquil surroundings with the Atlantic ocean on the back.
The whole running of the complex was excellent, and the management and staff were very friendly,especially Joyce who looked after our every whim. She would always have a smile on her face,and nothing we requested phased her.We had no security issues, and felt totally safe within our surroundings.We was so impressed that we are even thinking of buying one of the vacant condos. I would definately recommend sealofts as a must stay place in St.Kitts,you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Sealofts on the Beach? Share your experiences!