Don't get me wrong this a fantastic place to stay and you will have a wonderful time. Even the most basic rooms are stunning, the grounds are beautiful and the food is very very good but expensive. Everyone here has said the above so let me be a bit more helpful.
The food is fantastic here offering a wide range everyday for supper, breakfast is the same in terms of choice but delicious. If you have a car there are many other great places to eat on the island both local and gourmet and much cheaper. Of course if you are on the inclusive rate then it doesn't matter!
The grounds are stunning however a path from the main house to the restaurant and pool would be a nice addition.
The managers are very friendly but I didn't feel that a lot of the staff were, they seemed a bit grumpy and shy to talk to you, others were great.
I'm only gripe is that we sorely missed the beach. The shuttle wasn't quite as advertised, I got the impression that it was a few mins down the road and we could go back and forth as we wished but that isn't the case it takes longer and you have to spend all day there before coming back at 4pm. It's just nice having the freedom that you would at any other hotel really. So my advice rent a car, they are very cheap and there are loads of fun local places to visit and some truly yummy local restaurants and bars to eat at.
Overall this is a very unique place. The owners made us feel like we were staying at a friends house with staff, it's so welcoming and relaxed and more a retreat in paradise than a hotel.
Oh and the cat is excellent company if you like pets!
- Also Known As:
- Ottley`s Plantation Hotel
- Ottley`s Plantation Hotel St. Kitts
- Ottley's Plantation Inn St. Kitts, Caribbean
- Ottleys Plantation
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally a 17th century sugar plantation, Ottley's Plantation Inn transports guests to a bygone era of gracious living, hospitality and elegance. Situated at the foot of majestic Mt. Liamuiga overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, the 35 acre Ottley's Plantation Inn is a magnificent hideaway. Enjoy swimming in the 66' spring feed pool as well as the Mango Orchard Spa Retreat. Ottley's Plantation has been beautifully renovated to preserve its aura of colonial grandeur and graciousness while adding the modern luxuries desired by today's discerning traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Ottley's Plantation Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.