Had a fantastic week at this Plantation House. The hospatality by the staff and Marty were great. Marty gave us a conducted tour of the fantastic gardens, most of the plants planted by him personally.
The evening dinner is not to be missed steaks and swordfish a must.
We stayed in Room 4 on the second floor of the Plantation House which was enormous with great views over the grounds to the front and a patio to the back with views over the trail to the rainforest. The trails are only short and easy accessible - you feel you are in the rainforest without going miles!!
Pool area is lovely and most of the time, when we were not out and about, we had to ourselves.
Brimstone Fort is a must - just try and avoid all attractions when the cruise ships are in - unfortunatley you have to plan around them! Ottley do have a schedule of when they are in port. Unfortunately, our first day with a car there were 3 ships in - not good.
Spratnet is a local fish restaurant right on the sea edge with local reggie music - lobster and prawns a must - had a great casual evening there.
NOTE : If you are staying on Nevis and then staying on St. Kitts and hire a car on both go Thrifty they will do you a deal - unfortunately we missed out on this. We had Avis on St. Kitts and unless you pay an extra 30 dollars to deliver the car to your Hotel, you have to go with the Avis driver to pick your car up. You then have to personally deliver the car back to Avis in the capital, they then bring you back to your hotel - a bit of a fag!!
All in all we had a fantastic one week on Nevis and one on St. Kitts.
- Also Known As:
- Ottley`s Plantation Hotel
- Ottley`s Plantation Hotel St. Kitts
- Ottley's Plantation Inn St. Kitts, Caribbean
- Ottleys Plantation
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally a 17th century sugar plantation, Ottley's Plantation Inn transports guests to a bygone era of gracious living, hospitality and elegance. Situated at the foot of majestic Mt. Liamuiga overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, the 35 acre Ottley's Plantation Inn is a magnificent hideaway. Enjoy swimming in the 66' spring feed pool as well as the Mango Orchard Spa Retreat. Ottley's Plantation has been beautifully renovated to preserve its aura of colonial grandeur and graciousness while adding the modern luxuries desired by today's discerning traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Venere, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Otel so you can book your Ottley's Plantation Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.