Stayed here for 2 weeks in November 2012. The location is stunning, with beautiful sea views, and the Inn and grounds are beautiful in their own right. Rooms are clean, comfortable,well equipped, and maintained and cleaned to a high standard. Breakfast and Dinner were excellent, the dinner menu eclectic, well planned and varied nightly. The staff were friendly,welcoming and efficient, and genuinely appear to enjoy working at Ottleys.
It is obvious from the moment you arrive that this is a family run operation, and not part of a chain. The family members present during our stay (Marty and Karen) were constantly ensuring that everything was running smoothly, and took the time to chat to all their guests at some time during their stay. It is a perfect location to relax and enjoy yourselves. As far as the various meal plans are concerned, I would say that having breakfast (always excellent, and plenty of choice) is a no brainer, sitting overlooking the sea from such a magnificent historic location was a very relaxing start to the day especially as any alternative would have involved a lengthy drive along the poor (I am being polite!) local roads. My only slight criticism is that the dinners were always elaborate and quite rich (and for UK tastes quite salty), and I would have appreciated the occasional 'plain' option, such as grilled fish or steak without sauce, or an omelette. Marty assured that I only had to ask and that is what I could have, but I became tempted at the interesting dishes on offer, so perhaps the criticism should be directed at myself. Wine list is straightforward, with good choices from around the world, and the barman/wine waiter/sommelier (Marcus) knows his stuff. Final words of praise is in respect of the grounds - they are beautifully maintained by an army of staff, and always look immaculate. I hope this review is not considered too lengthy or gushing in its praise, but this is genuinely a magical place (to which I hope to return early in 2013).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally a 17th century sugar plantation, Ottley's Plantation Inn transports guests to a bygone era of gracious living, hospitality and elegance. Situated at the foot of majestic Mt. Liamuiga overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, the 35 acre Ottley's Plantation Inn is a magnificent hideaway. Enjoy swimming in the 66' spring feed pool as well as the Mango Orchard Spa Retreat. Ottley's Plantation has been beautifully renovated to preserve its aura of colonial grandeur and graciousness while adding the modern luxuries desired by today's discerning traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL and Priceline so you can book your Ottley's Plantation Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ottley`s Plantation Hotel St. Kitts
- Ottleys Plantation
- Ottley's Plantation Inn St. Kitts, Caribbean