We stayed in February for 8-nights at Ottley's in the "English Cottage", room 12. Marty and Karen "adopted" us and we felt like a member of the family, the staff could not be more helpful, the cottage was quaint and private, the rather large pool inviting, the rain forest mysterious and the manicured grounds gorgeous; as a whole the experience was wonderful and relaxing. We have great memories of our time on St. Kitts and our stay at Ottley's.
If there was one thing that we felt could have been improved, it was the food. Not that it wasn't excellent or professionally prepared, it was the quantity and extremely slow service; especially at breakfast. We ate almost all our breakfasts and dinners at Ottleys, including a special Valentines dinner and the Sunday brunch. In each case, we loved the food, but clamored for more. We have traveled extensively for 30-years and are not huge eaters, but we felt the value per dollar was not there. In the case of the Sunday Brunch, we expected a special buffet only to get one very tasty but rather ordinary dish. Unfortunately, there were two occasions when we had to leave breakfast before it was served because the service was too slow.
I hope I didn't paint too harsh a picture, because I would return to Ottley's in a second if we had the opportunity and could afford it. It is a wonderful resort that needs only very minor tweaking with their menus.
- Also Known As:
- Ottley`s Plantation Hotel
- Ottley`s Plantation Hotel St. Kitts
- Ottley's Plantation Inn St. Kitts, Caribbean
- Ottleys Plantation
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally a 17th century sugar plantation, Ottley's Plantation Inn transports guests to a bygone era of gracious living, hospitality and elegance. Situated at the foot of majestic Mt. Liamuiga overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, the 35 acre Ottley's Plantation Inn is a magnificent hideaway. Enjoy swimming in the 66' spring feed pool as well as the Mango Orchard Spa Retreat. Ottley's Plantation has been beautifully renovated to preserve its aura of colonial grandeur and graciousness while adding the modern luxuries desired by today's discerning traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Ottley's Plantation Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.