“When beauty is more than enough” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Kitts and Nevis

Sponsored by:
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
Indiana
“When beauty is more than enough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

When my husband and I first arrived in St. Kitts, he said to me, I don't know about this. But he was expecting it to be like Paris, France.. The real beauty was just how peacful and serene it was. It wasn't too moderThe beauty was the people, and how friendly they were. We had taken our trip to celebrate our anniversary in September. Now, one should no that this is the off season so the hotel was not full, some restaurants were not open but that didn't stop us from having a wonderful time. Now there was one restaurant that we had gone to on our 1st day and the service was wonderful the food was great and we were able to watch the sunset on the strip The Sunset Cafe'. Now we went back the second day and the service was horrible and the food was also horrible I actually had some raw food on my plate and the young lady did not offer to have my food remade or offer to take the food off of our bill. That was our last time at that restaurant. We also tried most of the restaurants on the strip and their food was great and a good price. The strip was in Walking distance from our hotel just about 10 minutes away if walking. We had a wonderful Cab Driver Clayton and he gave us a wonderful tour of the island. It's was beautiful, now don't get me wrong some parts of the island were run down and poor, but it was still beautiful. You must know it is illegal to curse/swear there and upon leaving you must pay a $22 tax. Some of the things we didn't know when arriving. Overall, I must say it was better to go during the off season didn't have to fight for a chair around the pool area. The Marriott Resort also provided water aerobics by Don the Magic on and he was wonderful and very easy on the eyes, he made working our fun; my husband even joined in with us.

Overall, this was a wonderful trip I could type all day about how much we enjoyed ourselves. I'm willing to go back.

Carrollton, TX
“Unspoiled island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

St. Kitts and Nevis is unspoiled now, but the cruise ships have found it, so go quickly. We went in the low season, September 2009, so some restaurants and activities were closed, but we still went horseback riding, snorkling, and took a catamaran cruise. Don't miss the ferry between St. Kitts and Nevis. It is a hoot!

Spring Hill, Florida
“St. Kitts 2009”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

A beautiful island. Very scenic and historic. The cleanest Caribbean Island I've been to, with very friendly people. Beautiful, clear blue water. The beaches are golden/black volcanic sand that get EXTREMELY HOT (my feet have blisters to prove this). A little disappointing, not the typical white sand with turquoise water that you think of on a Caribbean island. More of a disappointment was the food. Expensive food, small portions that did not taste that great. I do not mind paying for good food, but it was not good food. The resort's food (Marriott) was very expensive. The Marriott was very nice, well equipped rooms, large beach with spectacular views, but the pools were horrible. I had to empty out the strainers because they were overflowing with leaves. They did say that the North and South pools were getting renovated in October. I would not go back to St. Kitts, but I am glad that we did go because we did have a good time and it is a beautiful island.

Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Cruising to St Kitts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

09/07/09 Family just returned home from Carnival Victory cruise. Last stop was St. Kitts. BEAUTIFUL. Would love to return ASAP. Our tour guide, Thenford Grey, was the nicest gentleman anywhere! Booked him online instead of at excursion desk. Saved a few $$. He took us on a tour that ended at Cockleshell Bay which had its own restaurant and bathrooms. Swimming and watching pelicans dive into water was great. Bay overlooked Nevis. Drove through new developments which look nice and expensive with Tom Fazio golf course under construction.
Can't wait to return.

Orlando, FL
“Recently in St. Kitts 6/5/09”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

Spent our honeymoon in St. Kitts. Beautiful island, not too commercialized, nice people. We scuba dived, snorkeled, rented a car and toured the island on our own, and sailed a hobie cat. Places we recommend, Reggae Beach, Kate Spencer's Art Gallery, Batik Factory, Shipwreck's for fish tacos, and don't miss the strip at South Frigate Beach. You might be shocked at the ramshakle appearance of the restuarants, but these places have the best food and best prices on the island. By far Cathy's has the best food, plus the Rainbow Bar and Shiggity Shack are wonderful, too. Go see the Fire Dancer on Thursday and then Friday night all the locals hang out all night. We stayed at the Marriott and it was first class. Great pools, restaurants, and some fun activities, too.

Been to St. Kitts and Nevis? Share your experiences!