“Friendly and Fun gathering place for our dive club.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Oak View, California
“Friendly and Fun gathering place for our dive club.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

No negatives. The staff is friendly and the locale is charming on the beach with swaying palms and white sand.

Visited May 2014

Seattle
“Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Visited Tipsy Turtle every day of my stay on Cayman Brac. Excellent! Service made me feel like a local. Drinks are great. Best Piña Colada ever. Got to try the jerk wings. Yum!

Visited April 2014
Springville, Utah
“Mmmm Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Our family loved eating at the Tipsy Turtle. The food was just right after a dive. Hot, large portions, and tasty. Most of us had burgers... they are huge... 8 oz of meat. They come with fries. A few had salads and enjoyed them. Again the portions were large. For an "American" meal on Brac, this is the place to come. The prices were also very good for the amount of food you received. The burger and fries was $9 Cayman.

The Tipsy Turtle Bar is located at the Brac Reef Resort, but anyone is welcome. We did not stay here, but enjoyed the food. It is also located right next to Brac Reef DIver's shop. It is outdoors, but there were no bugs or issues. The Resort also has a Friday evening outside BBQ steak, ribs and fish buffet. Do not miss it. The food was plentiful and very good!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Street, Michigan
“Things are getting a little spicy, but ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I feel like I am giving out too many 5 star reviews to places on Cayman Brac. Perhaps the wonderful people and inspiring vistas positively affect my taste buds. In any case, this was our second trip to Brac and both times we could not believe the quality of food served at this beach side bar. This is the same lunch and dinner menu as the Palms Restaurant, so if you prefer to sit inside, you can also find excellent food there. I rarely eat beef, but during our first trip I ate what for me was the best hamburger ever, and I have tried a few "gourmet" and much, much more expensive burgers. I could not wait to eat another hamburger here but was concerned that I had unrealistic expectations. Oh no - still incredibly delicious! Probably a good thing that I do not know their secret or I would be eating way more red meat. The food here is simply consistently good, as is the service and friendliness of the staff. We did notice that, overall, a lot of dishes were significantly hotter in the spicy sense than the prior year. For us, this was not a good trend, but even with the unwanted heat, our meals here were still delicious.

Visited December 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Typical resort "bar" food...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

We stopped here for lunch one day and ordered some conch fritters and a fish sandwich. The food was good. Nothing unusual or with a "local" flare.. Just your normal food you can get at home... The staff and patrons we met were all non-islanders so you could have been at any beach bar back home or on any other island. There was nothing there that made you feel like you were on Cayman Brac... If you prefer good old "Americanized" food, this would be a place for you. We prefer trying food different than we can get at home. More local flavors and mingling with the local people). If you need a burger fix or some food to remind you of your hometown bar and grill, Tipsy Turtle will be a good stop. One plus is that the scenery is nice. I like sitting outdoors and hearing the ocean waves.... It wouldn't be a bad place to stop by for a drink but there are places we would rather go to for food...

• Visited December 2013