My family (four young boys and two adults) sailed to "The Brac" and Little Cayman from the United States this summer for an adventure. We spent three weeks traveling between the islands on our boat experiencing the the islands, the people and the life in these amazing places. We were befriended by many locals who were all the most kind amazing people we had ever met! One of them was Peter (a chef at the Alexander, who we were lucky enough to meet at the Market Place while hiding from the rain during a blackout! He told us he worked at The Alexander, they had the best chicken fingers in town AND you could swim if you came for lunch!! For four little boys who had been living on a boat, a swim and chicken fingers were an instant "SOLD"! After meeting Peter, how could we say no? The next day, we went to The Alexander for lunch and a swim and...well...didn't leave!! We booked one night with the fabulous receptionist, Phoebe, who assisted me in figuring out how to accommodate our family and showed me rooms. (As an aside, her husband of Heaven's Eye Photography took the amazing photo I have included of our boat and they didn't even know it was ours until we met her at the hotel!!) We had drinks at the bar with Iza, immensely enjoyed the pool, had fabulous meals served by lovely waitstaff and enjoyed the experience so much, we postponed our return to the US to stay at The Alexander another night!!
There are few things I need to mention to make one understand what sets this hotel apart.
1. It is a "boutique hotel", therefore it has an intimate feel, a home away from home feel. It's hip, clean, and luxurious. It's friendly, happy and once you experience it, you feel like you're visiting family. And that applies to the hotel as well as the whole island and ALL of it's wonderful people!!
2. The rooms are huge!! We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite and a deluxe double! The two rooms put together were bigger than my whole house!! They were well decorated, very clean and had lots of warm water for showers, which means a whole lot when you'd been living on a boat for over a month!! The beds were super comfortable and the kitchens in each room were such a bonus!!
3. Every member of the hotel staff went above and beyond...well beyond..to accommodate us and our children and and not just because we were hotel guests, but guests of their home, "The Brac". For example, being a mother of four boys, I wanted to start the eleven day voyage home with clean laundry, but the hotel laundry service wouldn't be able to deliver the clean laundry back to us in enough time for us for us to make our appointment with customs the next morning. The hotel manager, Tim, gave me the keys to the laundry room, showed me how to use the machines and let me do two loads of laundry at my convenience to accommodate our schedule with exiting the country. He was very generous, professional and willing to learn what makes guests very happy!! He will do well taking over his family's endeavor in running this hotel.
I'd like to thank Tim, Phoebe, Peter, Iza and all the other staff at The Alexander Hotel for making our last impression of "The Brac" exceptional. "The Brac" is an amazing place with amazing people and an amazing hotel. We are forever grateful for our experience meeting all of you, staying with you, playing with you and enjoying your island! We hope to return as soon as possible!! Be well!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newest hotel on Cayman Brac, Opened June 2009. Located on salt water pond across from the ocean. Decorated in Caribbean Summer Cottage style. Flat screen TV w/ cable & iHome unit in rooms. HD Satellite TV and large projection screen at The Bar. Excellant F&B quality. 27-seat Executive Board Room ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your The Alexander Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Alexander Hotel Cayman Brac, Cayman Islands