“We dream of returning to "The Brac" and The Alexander!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Alexander Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Alexander Hotel to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
The Alexander Hotel
403 Gerrard Ave, KY2-2001, Cayman Brac   |
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Cayman Brac
Connecticut
“We dream of returning to "The Brac" and The Alexander!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My family (four young boys and two adults) sailed to "The Brac" and Little Cayman from the United States this summer for an adventure. We spent three weeks traveling between the islands on our boat experiencing the the islands, the people and the life in these amazing places. We were befriended by many locals who were all the most kind amazing people we had ever met! One of them was Peter (a chef at the Alexander, who we were lucky enough to meet at the Market Place while hiding from the rain during a blackout! He told us he worked at The Alexander, they had the best chicken fingers in town AND you could swim if you came for lunch!! For four little boys who had been living on a boat, a swim and chicken fingers were an instant "SOLD"! After meeting Peter, how could we say no? The next day, we went to The Alexander for lunch and a swim and...well...didn't leave!! We booked one night with the fabulous receptionist, Phoebe, who assisted me in figuring out how to accommodate our family and showed me rooms. (As an aside, her husband of Heaven's Eye Photography took the amazing photo I have included of our boat and they didn't even know it was ours until we met her at the hotel!!) We had drinks at the bar with Iza, immensely enjoyed the pool, had fabulous meals served by lovely waitstaff and enjoyed the experience so much, we postponed our return to the US to stay at The Alexander another night!!

There are few things I need to mention to make one understand what sets this hotel apart.
1. It is a "boutique hotel", therefore it has an intimate feel, a home away from home feel. It's hip, clean, and luxurious. It's friendly, happy and once you experience it, you feel like you're visiting family. And that applies to the hotel as well as the whole island and ALL of it's wonderful people!!
2. The rooms are huge!! We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite and a deluxe double! The two rooms put together were bigger than my whole house!! They were well decorated, very clean and had lots of warm water for showers, which means a whole lot when you'd been living on a boat for over a month!! The beds were super comfortable and the kitchens in each room were such a bonus!!
3. Every member of the hotel staff went above and beyond...well beyond..to accommodate us and our children and and not just because we were hotel guests, but guests of their home, "The Brac". For example, being a mother of four boys, I wanted to start the eleven day voyage home with clean laundry, but the hotel laundry service wouldn't be able to deliver the clean laundry back to us in enough time for us for us to make our appointment with customs the next morning. The hotel manager, Tim, gave me the keys to the laundry room, showed me how to use the machines and let me do two loads of laundry at my convenience to accommodate our schedule with exiting the country. He was very generous, professional and willing to learn what makes guests very happy!! He will do well taking over his family's endeavor in running this hotel.

I'd like to thank Tim, Phoebe, Peter, Iza and all the other staff at The Alexander Hotel for making our last impression of "The Brac" exceptional. "The Brac" is an amazing place with amazing people and an amazing hotel. We are forever grateful for our experience meeting all of you, staying with you, playing with you and enjoying your island! We hope to return as soon as possible!! Be well!

Room Tip: The rooms at this hotel are awesome, luxurious and HUGE!! We were fortunate to have the two bedroom...

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I loved The Alexander Hotel which felt like an oasis. My room was spacious, clean and cool. The staff were super friendly and always attentive. The food was excellent and they would serve you in the dining room or at the tiki bar. There is also a nice poolside barbeque with live music once a week. They let me check out late because of a 6pm flight departure. I had a great stay and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sandy Creek, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Loved everything about the Brac. The Alexander was outstanding...lovely, clean and comfortable. The staff were exceptional and super friendly. Food was great, especially the BBQ on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Met lots of locals as they were frequently there for dinner or drinks. Plenty to see and do on the Brac. Very relaxing, old school island life. I can't wait to make another trip down. Thank you all so much for making me feel at home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Jackson, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Can't say enough about this hotel visiting "the Brac" to get away from the hustle of the city and wanted peace and quiet yet love that Boutique feeling great food,pool is refreshing, spotless,service is wonderful!you feel like family the minute you walk into the lounge area will write more later, walked up to the front desk today to inquire about a rental car and before I could finish my conversation phoebe handled it and Peter from CB rentals was outside with the car now that's service, great conversations with Finley whowill present you with a fresh coconut and straw to drink for breakfast Barbie and Joy at the bar, Peter Kitchen staff recommending the lobster which was outstanding blacked mahi mahi is so good! Had it twice in 2 days!

Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

A trip to Cayman Brac is made so much more complete by a stay at the Alexander Hotel. The rooms are small yet efficient, featuring a queen size bed, lovely decor, flat screen TV, kitchenette and breakfast table. They are clean, modern and well maintained, and the property is a safe environment for all guests, including those with small children. There is an excellent restaurant on the property which features local cuisine and fresh catch as well as many international favorites. You can dine inside or sit outside by the pool bar where you can experience the beautiful ocean view and southerly breeze. A traditional BBQ is also offered on Tuesday and Saturday nights. This family operated, boutique hotel is very reasonably priced, yet provides many amenities one would not expect on this small island. Although not situated right on the water, just a short walk takes you to the beautiful emerald waters of the Caribbean Sea. The warm, friendly and accommodating staff are nothing short of exceptional. I have stayed in this hotel numerous times and it never fails to impress me!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We went twice over our stay for the BBQ buffet night and we weren't disappointed! Delicious BBQ chicken, ribs and steak. Sides were great and was quite surprised a hotel of this calibre is on the Brac, who knew?

Staff were helpful, friendly and very attentive.

Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My stay at the Alexander, was pure joy. The the staff was fantastic, they made you feel very welcome there.
My room had all the amenities one could ask for, a firm bed which was great for my bad back.
I love the clean fresh smell of my room, unlike other places I stayed.
The food was great, I had all my meals there. Planning to go back real soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Alexander Hotel? Share your experiences!