“POOR FOOD - Extremely bad service - never had such a bad experience in my life” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Alexander Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Alexander Hotel to your Saves list
The Alexander Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   403 Gerrard Ave, KY2-2001, Cayman Brac   |
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Cayman Brac
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE RESTAURANT and not the hotel - I dint live here to comment but I did go to have food there.

We went there with frends and family. The whole restaurant was empty and it was just 5 of us in there. We told the waitress that we needed fried chicken to go before anything else and also ordered soups and spring rolls to start, the waitress who looked quite sane took the order and we were eagerly waiting for everything. 5 mins after she came back and said that they didnt have spring rolls so we said ok no problem can we get garlic bread and one of my friends asked for ginger ale, she came back after another 5 minutes and said they didnt have french onion soup that we asked for - We are annoyed right and waiting for the to go.

after 30 minutes of us sitting there she comes and tells us that they dont have ginger ale, friend chicken or anything that we asked for until now and we are like what? But we were on vacation so didnt want to spoil the mood and we ordered some pasta and changed the chicken with another kind and she said shes gona get eveyrthing soon. We ordered 3 veggie pasta and she got 4 pastas none of which were veggies and the chicken which was supposed to come first came at the last.

We had the chef come and appologize and make it up for us and the chef was very good and helpful so all points to him.

But if you are planning to eat at this place please rather drink some water and go to sleep as the customer service is bad and the food sucks.

The worst thing was there were flies in the hotel and one of the flies went in to my glass, My phone has a pictures and I cant upload it now but I will try and post this review now and post the picture later on.

Also its important that I mention this, even though I didnt live here I took liberty to walk around and I saw they had a small pool which was full of waste and I think i even saw fungus in some places.

Nothing against the place I just had such a bad experience please DO NOT DINE HERE....... RATHER THORW THE MONEY IN WATER than giving it to them... DO NOT DINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hope this saves some of your time.

Room Tip: I havent lived here as i said just had food, but the pool area was nasty...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Gazzasgirl, Manager at The Alexander Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Good afternoon

I was most disappointed to receive your review this morning regarding service and quality of food you recently received at our hotel. I have certainly taken your comments on board and I will be investigating the matter fully.

As you can see from previous reviews on Trip Advisor, this situation is an extremely rare occurance. We pride ourselves on quality of food together with excellent service and I am bitterly disappointed that you had this experience.

I do hope that you may reconcider in the future and look to stay with us as an opportunity to show you the high levels that we do deliver.

Please do not hesitate to contact me via direct email, karen@gascoigne.org.uk should you wish to discuss any aspect of your experience further with me.

With warm regards and most sincere apologies.
Karen Gascoigne
Manager

166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Geneva, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed one night at the hotel as we were renting a house for our week on the Brac and arrived a day early to tour the island before the rest of our party arrived. Every member of the staff was extremely courteous and attentive. We ate at the poolside bar the night of our stay and thoroughly enjoyed our meal, so much so that later in the week we came back with our friends for another evening of good food and live music. During our stay our camera developed some problems and the staff went out of their way to help us obtain local assistance - fact that we didn't get it fixed wasn't because of a lack of effort on their part. Even when we were waiting at the airport to pick up our friends the manager was also there and saw us and came over and spoke, inquiring if we'd had success in getting our camera issue resolved. Our only concern was with the layout of our room. The a/c was located at the back of the unit in the efficiency kitchen and so to get the sleeping area comfortably cool the kitchen area had to be kept much colder than needed. Had we stayed longer we might have requested another unit (and have no doubt the staff would have worked with us to resolve our concern.)

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Everyone looked so happy and treated me well. Enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma U.S.A.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed 1 night at The Alexander on 4-28-2012 since the villa we rented for a week was not available until the following day of our arrival on Cayman Brac. We had a comfortable stay with very good food. The room was nice, very clean, updated and quiet. The only negative about the location is that you can sometimes smell unpleasant odors from a nearby pond/lake or possibly a water treatment type facility. The hotel is not on the beach but is close. The staff was friendly and because the food was so good we returned on Tuesday night for their buffet and live band. It was great. If we return to the island we will definitely eat there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

My Husband, daughter, son and I visited Cayman Brac in April and stayed at the Alexander Hotel. The staff were extremely freindly and helpful. The service was great. The rooms are large and emaculate. The grounds are well manicured. It is close to the ariport, town centre and beaches. The restuarant serves great food including some local dishes, which are a must try.

Our overall experience was memorable and we shall return.

Debbie

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Yorkville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

My Husband, Son, Daughter-In-Law and I stayed at the Alexander Hotel April 4th - 11th of this year. The hotel staff were all very friendly and always willing to please. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite w/2 full baths & kitchen. The room was very clean & very nicely kept. The grounds were kept very well and the food was really good. We were on Cayman Brac to dive, so we didn't spend a lot of time at the bar, but what time we did spend there was very pleasent. I would recommend the fish & chips. It was the greatest. You will need to rent a vehicle if staying here. Make sure you do some site seeing, the bat caves were fun and the brown footed boobie birds had just had there babies and they were so cute. We would recommend this hotel to all our friends and family. You couldn't find a more perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: 2 Bedroom Suite on 2 nd floor was perfect and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My sister and I stayed at the Alexander Hotel end of March beginning of April 2012. It was perfect for what we were looking for, relaxation and getting away from the craziness of everyday life.
The Seafood buffet Friday night is excellent (esp the blackened swai) I recommend it highly. Also the Thurs night Jerk buffet was great (whole snapper excellent - very flaky)
We never used the pool although it looked nice as we used the public beach and mostly had it to ourselves.

The staff was wonderful. Very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Alexander Hotel? Share your experiences!