Called in here with my wife, children and all four grandparents for lunch whilst holidaying in nearby Porthmadog. Not having stayed over I can't judge the hotel but as a restaurant it's faultless. Great food served by friendly staff and all seven meals arrived within two minutes of each other. There's nothing worse when eating in a group than watching everyone else clear their plate while you twiddle your thumbs. No such problems here.
Spotlessly clean with an awesome sea view if you can get a window seat you are in for a great dining experience. And if you like the view as much as I did prints from a local artist are available to purchase at the bar. What more could you ask for?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iain and Wilma, offer you a warm welcome at Gwesty Ty Newydd. The hotel is situated in the picturesque and historic village of Aberdaron on the Llŷn Peninsula, North West Wales. Gwesty Ty Newydd directly overlooks the bay and sandy beach of Aberdaron, which is one of the finest and safest beaches on Llŷn. Stay in comfort in this fine hotel, enjoy fantastic views and savour the delights of freshly caught Bardsey lobster and crab, afternoon teas with home baked cakes and watch the sun go down from the terrace or in our newly refurbished lounge whilst enjoying a drink from the fully licensed bar. Dine in the restaurant enjoying meals cooked with the finest fresh locally produced ingredients whilst savouring views over the sea towards the islands.You will be guaranteed a warm welcome at Gwesty Ty Newydd whatever time of year you choose to visit us on the Llŷn Peninsula, and every season has a beauty all of its own. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Gwesty Ty Newydd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gwesty Ty Newydd Hotel Aberdaron
- Gwesty Ty Newydd Aberdaron, Wales