“What The World Needs Now!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Little Cayman Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Little Cayman
Little Cayman Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   Box 51 | Blossom Village, KY3-2501, Little Cayman   |
Folly Beach, South Carolina, United States
“What The World Needs Now!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

The dive sites were awsome. The dive masters were professionals. There is a sense of care to the entire British protecturate. Island attitude, attention to detail and a projection of conservation made our seven days of diving a trip to paradise. The folks on the Cayman Islands seem to know that conservation of their environment is necessary for longterm survival and equivalent to good life for them and their visitors.
Little Cayman Beach Resort is a reflection. The resort is pretty to see, comfortable, clean and fun after hours. Every bit of food, as well as everything else, must be brought to the island by cartage. Just how can a fantastic Beef Wellington be done by barge, their secret.
Diving is prime on Little Cayman, bird watching is great.

Room Tip: Rooms with an ocean view are the best. Anything toward the ocean is good. Back corner rooms may have...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

291 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Courtenay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Where to start!! Without a doubt the best vacation ever!! My husband and I stayed 6 nights here. We were met at the plane (that has to cross the road to get to the cutest little airport) and driven directly to the resort, approx 1-2 min drive!! Our room wasn't quite ready as we were on an early flight, our bags were taken care of and met us at our room later. We had lunch at the Beach Nut bar, excellent bar food!! Our 2 barmaids, Theresa and Grace were fantastic throughout our week, always remembering our names, room and drinks!!

Rooms were awesome, stayed on the bottom floor with pool/barview. We always had a great nights sleep (although a King bed rather than 2 doubles would have been a wee bit better) We were never kept awake nor did we hear our neighbors. The food in the bird of paradise dining area was always wonderful as was the staff, always a great selection.

The Diving - what we and most everyone else comes for - The best of the best!! Ed and Hannah were our divemasters for the most part although we did a couple of dives with Sharon and Heather... All went above and beyond, what an experience! I had decided that this was my last dive vacation, well, my mind has been changed, I have a total love of diving now!! They went above and beyond our wildest expectations!! I have an injured shoulder and they were so fantastic with helping me out of the water every time with not ever a negative reaction!! The diving is soooo fantastic there, their explanations of the dive sites superlative! First time I've ever dove away from my dive master but their drawings of the site were so explicit I never once felt out of my comfort zone. Being fairly new to diving I was sure I didn't want to go near a scarey wreck, well I was wrong|! Went to Cayman Brac and dove the Keith Tibbets, a must do dive!! We also did a night dive, 1st one for us, again, awesome!

We rented scooters for a dive around the island and a snorkel at the end of the island at Point of Sand, it was awesome and thanks to the staff at the resort we were pointed out where to go and what things to see.

Overall I would highly recommend this resort to anyone wanting fabulous diving for a week or two.

Final note, a special thanks to the manager, first time I've been to a resort where the manager herself made regular visits to the restaurant and spoke to every guest AND helped out the staff where needed!!! Again, the staff at this resort went way above and beyond our expectations!!! Thank you so much for and excellent vacation!!!

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the first floor where we stayed, close to everything!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We have stayed at dive resorts in the Pacific, Mexico, Caribbean, Florida, California and Central America. LCBR is the best. Best Food, Best Service, Best Dive Operations in terms of professionalism and safety, and the diving is great. Everyone has their favorite type of diving so my best diving may not be your best but you can't do better than this place for great all-around diving. The shore facilities are the best in our group's opinion and we are already planning our next trip here.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was absolutely by far the best vacation I've ever had. We booked a 5-day diving package. The resort was pretty full but it didn't feel like it. Very intimate, service was excellent. Diving was awesome, although afternoon-dive visibility wasn't great. My single negative experience was that I had to go to the next dive center over to get my AOW certification bc there were too many divers at LCBR for one on one sessions. But that turned out to be a blessing as well!!! Besides I needed the exercise.

ALL the staff were personable, friendly, and courteous. I can't say enough about this place. We will DEFINITELY be back soon!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was our first trip to Little Cayman and it was a great trip. The diving was amazing. Lots of turtles, groupers, barracuda, and lobsters. A new chef started the week we were there and his food is excellent.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for an ocean view and you will have a wonderful view of the beach
Bedford, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

if your looking for a great get away this resort is the place to go! The staff were extremely friendly , rooms were clean and food were excellent. This place really caters to the diver.I was a little bit apprehensive at first but glad I attended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Winnipeg, Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We booked a small group from all over the US to LCBR because we know exactly what we are going to get, no surprises. Excellent food, great bar, excellent dive boats and staff, and the dives are superb. This October trip was perfect. The weather was about 85 degrees, water the same, calm seas, visibility 100' or so. We will be bringing another group back to this resort in 2014 and can't wait. We will be happy to answer any questions about the resort. Only one issue we experienced was with Cayman Express who had taken some inter-island planes out of service for annual maintenance and that reduced some flight options to and from Grand Cayman, but they accommodated us all no problem. Our heart-felt thanks to the entire staff of the resort and dive shop. And Cayman Airways for no bag fees!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean front end unit, great rooms that step out on to the beach.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Little Cayman Beach Resort? Share your experiences!