“Surprisingly good!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Barbecue, Caribbean, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Description: A casual and friendly local open-air restaurant and bar located on Cayman's Seven Mile Beach offering a wide selection including kid-friendly meals, great Barbeque, spicy Jerk, homemade Pizzas, Sandwiches, Burgers and Steak!!! A favourite among locals and a must for visitors!
New Jersey
“Surprisingly good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Went there for lunch with my wife and friends of ours (we could smell the barbeque from the beach at the Marriott, drew us in!). Food was surprisingly good, big portions for lunch. Drinks were cold, strong, staff was attentive, greeted by Mario (I assume was one of the owners) and treated like we were regulars there. Went back at night for after dinner drinks & some live music. Nice spot, not at all touristy.

Visited July 2014

George Town, Grand Cayman
“Ruled by the kitchen staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We went yesterday for dinner, a family on four. It was Sunday but no one told us the kitchen closes at 9 pm. We got there about quarter to and were immediately asked what we wanted to drink even though we had had no time to look at the drinks menu but they were pushing 2 cocktails at 1 and a half price. Buy the time the waitress took our order it was about 9:05. The drinks arrived - I had two "cool running" which tasted a bit short of rum although I could taste the melon liqueur and the piña colada mix. After a while the waitress told us there was no more corn and no more jerk chicken (which my husband had ordered) ok so what else is there? Initially we were told "nothing as the kitchen is now closed" so my husband lucked out. The rest of us had food but not him. Obviously this was not acceptable so my husband complained. They came back with some options but they were very limited and not what my husband wanted (they had bought the side dish for him by then but with nothing to eat it with he sent it back) the whole situation arose from lack of communication. The waitress was very apologetic. The assistant manager was apologetic. The manager neglected to even speak to us and seemed pretty ineffectual. Just be warned, the kitchen staff run the business, they are under staffed in waitresses, and the managers do nothing but offer a free meal! Yeah right, like we would go back. Oh and when the bill arrived we were charged for the corn, the jerk chicken and his side which we didn't get. Pity, our kids liked the menu but we will be going elsewhere; there are plenty of good restaurants here without getting indigestion over that kerfuffle.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
georgetown grand cayman
“Rib eye addition to menu is amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Famous for jerk pork. Expanded menu a real treat. The new rib eye steak cooked by Mario Machado is not to be missed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Slow, Bad service, disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Our waiter was exceedingly slow and kept apologizing, but didn't really seem to care and did nothing about it. He seemed more interested in serving the people ordering alcohol. My husband d needed a tea refill and we saw it sitting at the bar for 10 minutes. I finally walked over and got it myself! They add in a 15% tip so you can't leave less for bad service. You are just stuck! Food was so-so and ok prices for pricey Cayman. ONLY good thing was a nice large menu posted out front on the sidewalk. I like seeing exactly what they have before I walk in and sit down.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Nice atmosphere...below average food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The waitress took forever....not attentative...great atmosphere...below average food...dry jerk chicken...good ribs...dry rice and peas...we have 4 more days and will not even think twice to return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere