We just spent 7 nights at Coralstone Club on "7 Mile Beach" in Grand Cayman. We are 2 kids (boy 11, girl almost 13) and their parents. We looked into staying at The Marriott, which is about a mile closer to Georgetown and to get 2 rooms this week was very close in cost to renting a 3 BR condo at this property. The pool was pretty, large and very clean - the kids loved it, although now I think they easily could have lived without it just fine. The beach was perfection and we were able to snorkel right off the beach and find lots to enjoy (pretty far out, but very easy to swim in the beautiful, clear and bouyant water - I miss it already!!!)
We stayed in Unit 18, which was on the 3rd floor and had a magnificent ocean (and pool) view. The condo was well-stocked with kitchen appliances & tools. The fridge was a bit small (side by sides aren't the best for storage)but we made due. There is an excellent grocery store an easy walk down the street, where we stocked up for the week. I cooked most meals, although we enjoyed some while out. We had a very helpful and kind cleaner each day, named Maureen. Sadly, she said many visitors aren't very nice to the "help" and often even ignore them like they aren't there - shocking. Anyway, we were rewarded for our basic friendliness by her suggestions and advice to help our stay be more comfortable and enjoyable.
We arrived on a Sunday, when grocery stores are closed, and Valerie in the main office was kind enough to go grocery shopping for us for some basics before we arrived. The people who work there remain in the background for the most part, but they are very hardworking, helpful and friendly when you need them!
I found it amusing to see the theater-style seating of beach chairs at the uber-expensive Ritz next door. Coral Stone hires a security guard to prevent the guests at the jammed Ritz from using Coral Stone's beach chairs or pool. We never failed to find one when we wanted, although we were out and about much of the time.
The families staying at Coralstone all seemed very nice with well-supervised and well-behaved kids, which was a big plus that I didn't really consider before we booked! If we return to Grand Cayman, we'll definitely call Coralstone again! Highly recommended.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Stone Club Hotel
- Coral Stone Club Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Coral Stone Club Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coral Stone Club is the perfect setting for your family vacation. All of our units are beachfront and include a patio or terrace overlooking our zero-entry infinity ledge pool, safe for children yet enjoyable for adults. Whether you prefer to walk straight out on world-famous Seven Mile Beach and tickle the sand with your toes, or perch higher up for magnificent views of the beach and ocean, our spacious units - each with 2 or 3 bedrooms and 2 or 3 bathrooms - will make you feel right at home, yet somewhere special. Conveniently located walking distance to eighteen restaurants, three spas, a liquor store, supermarket and other shopping, you and your family can easily stock up on items for quick rejuvenation (and wheel the cart into your unit and leave it in our parking lot when finished). Local attractions include a turtle farm, Sting Ray City, and the Caribbean's largest man made wave, located within a skate park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Travelocity, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Coral Stone Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.