“Decent Burger, Great Fries” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Hamburgers, Vegetarian, Fast Food, Ice Cream, Grill, Hot Dogs
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
San Diego, California
“Decent Burger, Great Fries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Overall, a pretty decent burger with some really great fries. Each month they have a contest to see who comes up with the best recipe, and that burger gets sold for the month. So you can try something "truly unique" that you would never find at a typical chain restaurant.

It's not cheap, there's no indoor seating so it can be pretty hot, and it's a bit of a walk from most of the hotels. I wouldn't seek the place out, but if you were in the area and wanted a good filling lunch this would hit the spot.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Brooklyn, New York
“Best Burger Ever and the fries!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Loved the burger. Juicy and tasty. But the fries were perfection..., seasoned just right.
The milk shake was too milky. But hands down I would return for a burger and fries!!

Charlevoix, Michigan, USA
“Sometimes you just need a burger...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I would recommend this place as a much better alternative to the typical fast-food burger. I'm partial to burgers and this place has fresh, hand-patted burgers like you'd find find in a good mid-western bar and grill minus the dark interior and shady characters hanging around. It's basically a walk-up kiosk but the service is quick, the staff was very happy and friendly, and the burger...well, it hit the spot. Truth is, my eyes were bigger than my stomach and after the premium milkshake I ordered with the burger, I was too full...so I had it for breakfast the next day. It was really good.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
George Town, Cayman Islands
“Pricey, good, but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Wanting a quick burger, I decided to try The Burger Shack. It was 5PM and a quick stop and run. Right? No.
The two (2) employees were sitting around and the place was "dead". After ordering, I was informed of the price - $15CI ($19+/- USD). Double cheese, fries and a couple Diet Cokes. Ouch.
I was then informed it would be 10 minutes as "we cook from scratch", etc. So, I asked (several times), "what if I phone ahead, will you have it ready". The employee (of Asian decent) could not understand my questions, so finally, she turned away and said, "OK".
I explained, "no, this is not and 'OK' answer. . . it is a "yes or no" answer. I still never got a reply.
Like the US chain, Five Guys, they "dumped" fries in the bag and I was on my way.
The burger was nothing "special", but the bun sure was. "Special" in the fact that it was huge and took away from the burger. Too much bun.
Also, the burger itself was $9.50CI ($8.50CI for a double) and an another $1 for the slice of cheese. Really.
Cayman is expensive enough. To nickel and dime your customer is not good.
I will not be returning anytime soon.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“🍔🍔🍟🍟🍟Best burgers🍔🍔🍟🍟”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

If u r looking for a great burger, go to burger shack, it is amazing!!!! We visited for vacation at grand cayman n on our last full day at grand cayman, my kids said " let's got to burger shack, because it is our last day there, so we will not be able to go there any other time. N it is soooooo good that we have to go there for our last lunch" They absolutely love it!!! I think it is great!

• Visited August 2013