I had the pleasure of staying at the Ritz from August 15th to 17th 2007.
I was attending a pharmacists conference there and brought along my family to relax while i worked.
from the moment we arrived the service was impressive to say the least.
The staff at the Ritz do really go out of their way to make you feel comfortable.
We stayed in a resort view room with two queen beds.
The beds were divine! they are the most comfortable beds that i have ever slept on at any hotel or resort.
We never had any problems with housekeeping. They were generally punctual and the job was always well done. it was nice to come back to a well kept room after a long day outside.
we always had breakfast at the beachside restaurant. i think its called seven.
Again the service was excellent, and the food was good.
we mostly ate outside the resort , there is a small shopping centre about 5 minutes downthe road , where you can get decent food and also a grocery store where you can purchase snacks and fruit.
The beach was really nice my family spent a lot of time there and at the pools, while i was at the conference.
the water is warm ,and there were no waves , perfect for children and non swimmers, the ocean front pool was a bit crowded sometimes but the one near periwinkle was always quiet and inviting.
the beach chairs are very nice with a liitle hood over them , and the staff servrd cappuchino, water and smoothies at diffent times during the day.
on the third day we had to cut short our stay at the ritz since the hotel advised us to change our travel plans due to the impending passage of hurricane dean and the closure of the airport.
Again i must commend the staff for their high level of professionalisim, during this hectic time, as they were the ones who re assured the guests during their moments of anxiety , and also worke diligently to re arrange travel plans for alll the guest requiring this service.
special thanks go to Ms Lena Mc Gowen at the front desk concierge, i will always remember those re assuring words and comforting smiles ,that she gave to me during that hectic time when flights were all booked solid, and travel off the island seemed impossible,
she even called the Hilton in Jamaica and made reservations for me and my family to spend the night there , when we at last got a flight off the island.
also at the front desk was another hard working employee who , worked very professionally , always with a smile despite intense pressure from anxious guests. Keep up the good work Gabriella !
all in all it was a wonderfull expierience staying at the Ritz.
The service by all categories of staff was of a vey high quality .
congratultions to them all !!!
i really would have liked to stay a few days longer , but i think i will definitely return sometime in the future!
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Ritz-Carlton Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Cayman Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Caribbean resort located on exclusive Seven Mile Beach on Grand Cayman, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman is a short 70-minute flight from Miami. The resort will include 365 guestrooms and 69 of our Residences at The Ritz-Carlton. The resort will also include golf, tennis, La Prairie Spa and seven restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.