My husband and two daughters, 8 and 5, stayed at the Ritz Carlton over spring break. We had a club room on the 5th floor (room 555) on the land side of the resort overlooking the pool. It was a great location and I don't understand all the lazy people complaining that there is a long walk to the beach side, it is not. Our daughters loved the movies that were shown every night outside the Periwinkle restaurant. They blew up a giant movie theater screen and set up chaise lounges and would serve you dinner and drinks while watching the movie.
The AOTE program is OUTSTANDING! The staff is incredible and activities diverse, educational and FUN. My girls loved it and it is well worth the money.
Club Concierge - The service at the hotel and especially the club concierge was incredible. I am a planner and had many requests and they executed each one almost instantaneously. Laura, Cecelia, Linden and Enrique at the club concierge really took care of us. There are five food presentations daily and all are great. I loved the late evening cocktail with chocolates and they served a traditional English tea in the afternoon with fresh baked scones and tea sandwiches.
Dining - We ate at Periwinkle most nights because of the movies but Seven is also great. We loved The Wharf restaurant the food was great and they feed the tarpon at 9PM. The kids loved that.
Spa - The spa is spectacular. They have a nice snack and drink presentation in the waiting lounge and offer you heated neck pillows and let you select music for your treatment. Lillian gave me the best massage.
Ocean and Ocean Pool - The ocean side is beautiful and the beach is sugar white sand with beautiful clear blue ocean water. It was so calm and easy for the girls to swim and snorkel. We reserved a full service cabana ($300 U.S.) for a day and were pampered with a cooler filled with drinks and snacks. The other days we hung by the pool and had great service. The ocean side pool offers free iced coffee and fruit smoothies daily and the food service is fast and efficient. One day our food was delivered so fast the girls had to rush out of the pool to eat.
Overall - This resort is made for families and love children. They will accommodate any request you have. Our room, 555, was on the top floor facing the inland pool and we only had one room on one side and a hallway on the other so it was very quiet.
If you are into nickle and diming your way through a hotel experience, don't go at a 5 star resort like the Ritz Carlton. If you enjoy a sublime experience and don't mind spending the money, than you found the right place.
We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury resort where sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotel.de, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Cayman Islands