Here are some things that would have helped me to know:
AIRPORT: Old, small but efficient with only one runway. The arrival side only has luggage pickup and taxis outside - 10 min. ride to the Ritz. The departure side has a few gift shops and one snack bar. Check-in was quick.
MONEY: US dollar plus 20% equals (CI) Cayman money. Everyone we met accepts US money, they'll usually do the math for you.
TRANSPORTATION: Taxis cost $12.50 (each way) along George Town and 7 Mile Beach. Public transportation is a mini-van: you stand by side of road, driver will honk, if you wave back they'll pick you up, it's cheap costing $2.50 (each way). They have no scheduled stops or times so it is a matter of luck to catch one. We rented a car from AVIS (at the Ritz) a Honda Civic for $75/day including rental, gov. license and insurance. They drive like in England, everything opposite to US - the adjustment was scary!
COMMUNICATION: Our US cell phones didn't work, but saw another person with same provider whose did work. If communicating with each other while on the island is important to you, ask someone, I didn't understand that. Internet connection in your room cost $10/day or $55/week.
ACTIVITIES: Leroy, the lobby concierge, is fabulous! WE LIKED: Atlantis submarine, takes you 100 ft. down Cayman wall to see the reef; Capt. Dexter and stingray snorkel; Resort Scuba dive; Spa, expensive ($200 for one hour facial) but elegant; Snorkeling, only hint is if you wear glasses and want prescription mask only place we found was 'Divers World' for $12/day, maybe buy here and bring there; Driving around the island, especially Rum Point; George Town, souvenir shops and restuarants; Restaurant 'Seven' at the Ritz was good, cost $150 for 2 people. DIDN'T LIKE: Botanical Garden, hot, sticky and you share the pathway with snakes and Iguanas. WE SKIPPED: Turtle Farm and city of Hell.
HOTEL: Wow! Do get the Ocean View room (request 8th floor) and watch the perfect sunsets, stars and moonlight on the Caribbean from your room. Upgrade to the Club Level, the pampering service (from Stavros and Aurelien...) and the food were OUTSTANDING and I believe we saved money by eating most meals there. Request a mini-refrigerator for your room. This resort experience is magical!!! We hope to do it again!!!
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Ritz-Carlton Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Cayman Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Caribbean resort located on exclusive Seven Mile Beach on Grand Cayman, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman is a short 70-minute flight from Miami. The resort will include 365 guestrooms and 69 of our Residences at The Ritz-Carlton. The resort will also include golf, tennis, La Prairie Spa and seven restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.