We chose the Ritz Grand Cayman for our honeymoon and could not have been happier. We stayed in an ocean-view room for eight nights in mid-March and absolutely loved the hotel and the experience.
As others have mentioned, the hotel is massive. Half of the hotel and one huge pool are almost right on the beach. With all of that space in both places, there are enough lounge chairs to go around, so there is no need to get up at 6:00 to save a space, either. (If you want a seat right in front of the beach or pool, you may want to get up on the early side of eight, though.) The other half of the hotel can be reached by a hallway that spans a relatively busy street, so there is no need to cross the street if one chooses a garden view room (which have very pretty views of a garden, lagoon, pool, and golf course). The hotel is so big that we always felt we could find a bit of seclusion and quiet no matter where we were.
The hotel also has three very well-maintained grass and clay tennis courts and a nice selection of rackets for those who want to play. I don't golf, but I did drive along with my wife while she hit around and the golf course looked very nice as well. The tennis pros are great. I took the opportunity to hit around with one of them and he gave some great advice. Also, there are two small reefs just off the beach, which are good for short snorkeling adventures.
The only downside to the hotel is the cost. The Ritz is definitely not a place to look for your inner bookkeeper (hint: he's not staying there). We defrayed some of the more extravagant costs by making an occasional five-minute walk to the local supermarket for easy lunches and snacks. That said, Grand Cayman itself is a relatively wealthy place and costs seemed to be high no matter where we went.
Overall, the hotel and service were wonderful. It was a perfect location for our Honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury resort where sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Marriott and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Cayman Islands