“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Grand Cayman
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed at the Ritz in November in an ocean side room. From the moment we arrived the staff made us feel special. The room and the view was just perfect. We ate at Taikun which has the best sushi on the island and they let us take our unfinished wine bottle back to the room. We also had the breakfast at 7. The food and freshly squeezed juices were amazing. The only complaint I have is the drinks were very expensive for what you got. I am a huge fan of Caesars (Canadian Bloody Mary) and had a few at the beach bar. They cost around 16 dollars US and I know other places on island where you can get the same for less then half that. I expected to pay more for drinks at the Ritz but I also expected them to be a bit more special.

My favorite thing was the bag tags that were on our luggage when we got it back. Small thing but a very nice keepsake.

Room Tip: Ocean side is the way to go. The garden view just does not compare.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

1,464 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The Ritz is a wonderful place to stay. The only place I will ever stay in the Caribbean .They did some updates to rooms, new paint, carpet and curtains since we were last here last Feb, looks even better. The staff is exceptional! The beach and blue water are gorgeous. The Piña Coladas are the best I have ever had, a must have if you are at the Ritz. There is an amazing little restaurant, incredibly reasonable, nearby called the Sunshine grille- no reservations and expect a wait- however most amazing shrimp tacos we have ever had.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I wanted to get away, we wanted a white sand/clear water beach and luxurious accommodations. The Ritz at Grand Cayman was exactly that. This resort exceeded our expectations. This was our first time at a Ritz Resort. We have stayed at a few Four Season resorts across the world and I will say our experience at Ritz is right up there with what we have experienced at various Four Season resorts.

Room:
Upon arrival we were upgraded to a partial ocean view room which was amazing for a few reasons: it was a bigger room and easier access to the beach. Since it was our anniversary they provided us with complimentary chocolates upon check in. They called pretty much every night to ensure our stay was going great and to let them know if there was anything else they could do for us. The Bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very luxurious. We felt the water pressure in the shower was below normal but it was not a big deal. We loved the little living room in our room, great place to take a nap with the cool Caribbean breeze coming into the room.

Beach:
I can not say enough nice things in the beach. I think this is the best beach so far I've been to in the Caribbean (compared to Bahamas, Aruba, Yucatan Peninsula, Belize, Jamaica). The water was very clear and the beach was very clean. There was not a lot of cruise ship crowd and no locals selling you fake purses or water sports. There is one desk walking distance of the Ritz where you can book water sports. The beach is quiet and very relaxing. You will see some couples with children who can be loud at the beach but other than that it was very relaxing. There is great service on the beach for lunch and drinks. We never went to the pool because of how nice the beach was. For snorkeling there is a reef off of the Westin Hotel. The fish are very colorful and curious, they swim up right to your face! We also jet ski'd, it was fun and expensive $70 for 30 min. The have these floating tables in the water across the Ritz beach where you can sit and have drinks, it was really cool!

Restaurants/Resort:
We had lunch at the pool bar (barjack) twice, food was good, not great but expensive because you are at the Ritz. I would recommend going to Sunshine Grile next door, their burgers are amazing and much cheaper. We had night cap drinks at Silver Palm a few times. We went to Seven for dinner, it was really good but nothing extraordinary. We went to Seven everyday for happy hour drinks, the drinks are really good. The staff at these restaurants and the whole resort are AMAZING. They aim to please and will do anything to make you happy. For dinner every night we usually ventured out in the island because Cayman is known for their amazing seafood cuisine. Some restaurants that I definitely recommend are Calypso Grille, Lobster Pot, Cracked Conch. The resort is HUGE. I recommend having ocean view rooms so you are closer to the beach. The resort is also up kept very nicely, it looks very new and clean. There are a lot of activities here for people of all ages! We did not get the spa treatment but we used the facilities and they are also top notch! At our time of stay there was an Indian wedding going on so it was cool to see all the festive displays!

Overall this resort is amazing, I hear this resort is much better than the resort in St. Thomas, but the Aruba resort is the newest and the nicest in the Caribean. I wouldn't mind coming back to this resort again! One small issue we dealt with was there was a bomb threat to our hotel and a few others on the beach. We were evacuated for 90 min but after that everything was ok, it was a hoax, no fault of the Ritz obviously. My wife was surprised there was no full length mirror in the room, which apparently is a must for all women I guess. If you want to get away and unwind and leave your worries behind, this is the place to do it. It is romantic, luxurious and very relaxing!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

There's nothing more luxurious than staying at the Ritz Carlton in Cayman Islands! If sipping Piña Coladas by the beach in your very own beach cabana is your thing, then search no more! The best beach around is just steps away from your room... Seven Mile Beach! There are activities for kids on the beach as well for family travel. There are two pools and the vast seven mile beach to relax and/or have fun in. Many water activities are available as well. You won't regret staying here!!!

Room Tip: I would definitely stay in the beach tower... They have two buildings... One on the beach side and t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Needham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This Ritz property is stunning, the view from my room was great. After a long drive from the airport I arrived and before i could say anything, I was offered basically unlimited complimentary cookies and lemonade which was quite refreshing.

The woman beind the desk checking me in could not have been nicer and had us on our way in no time. The first impression was great, but everything got better.

Because the property is massive, I was taken on a tour. Once the tour was over I proceeded to go to my room which was spacious with a nice surprise. We had received complementary champagne and strawberry's dipped in chocolate.

The pool is massive which helps with the amount of children swimming because thousands of people could fit into it. The powdery white sand is to die for, but be careful, it heats up pretty fast...ouch. There is a place where you can rent small electric boats and scuba gear. On top of this, there are many things already in the crystal clear water to play on.

All of the restaurants at the hotel are great. There is a very wide variety, if you are looking for something on the cheaper side and casual stroll over to perrywinkles. If you are in the mood for some great sushi head over to the sushi restaurant near the lobby.

One of the best parts of my trip was the private boat and driver/instructor who took us out to stingray city.The experience was incredible.

Although the Ritz can be pricey it is 100% worth every penny. and you will sleep great because the beds are very clean and comfortable. I strongly urge you to visit this Ritz property, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
West Bay, Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Having lived in the Cayman Islands for 3 years, we have dined several times at Ritz-Carlton CI on several holiday occasions.
On all occasions, Ritz-Carlton has gone above and beyond on service and hospitality.
The holiday brunch was on point with great seafood fare and a 'to order' charchurterie station.
The staff were beyond friendly and quick to assist with all matters.
Have a child or children? No problem, pool side activities and beach front umbrellas with plenty of shade,

I can't compliment this establishment enough for their pride and professionalism.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Winnetka, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had last visited the Ritz Carlton while still in its building phase. Now years later we had the opportunity to stay there for a short business/leisure trip. First we were upgraded to a ocean-view suite for a meaningless reservation glitch: the room was magnificent! The property is huge yet accessible and welcoming. The staff is polite and helpful beyond expectation. The restaurants and bars are amazing; you can stay on site the whole time! And there is golf right there! Plus the location on 7 Mile Beach is perfect! I wouldn't look anywhere else on GCI!! We won't wait so long for the next visit!

Room Tip: Ocean view provides a glamourous sunset!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman? Share your experiences!