I understand why so many people love the Ritz. I mean, it is classy and "ritzy" after all. My husband and I booked our stay here on points from our customer loyalty program. Our experience was not one of being treated well for being a loyal customer. Rather, in many instances we were treated like second class citizens.
There was confusion over our room when we checked in. I specifically requested a room with two double beds, as we are a family of FOUR. They put us into a room with a king bed and then offered a rollaway for the first night until they could move us. But the rollaway is meant for one person, not two children. This was super annoying!
Most of the restaurants on the property serve basic hotel style food and is terribly expensive (although mostly everything in Grand Cayman is). Expect to pay a premium for being at the Ritz. We opted to get room service every morning for breakfast, which was actually more relaxing and fun with the kids than getting dressed to go down to the restaurant which would have cost 2 or 3 times as much.
The guys who were working at the water sports kiosk on the property were among the nicest and most helpful staff we encountered and deserve a shout out!
Oh, another reason we wanted to stay at this property is because they offered special programs for kids at the Jacques Cousteau program center. Frankly this was overpriced babysitting, although our kids enjoyed themselves.
Probably the best evening activity the hotel offers is nightly kids movies, which they show on a huge screen near one of the restaurants. There is even a separate kids buffet setup so that they kids can eat their dinner and watch the movie on the chaise loungers. We thought this was terrific and our kids are just old enough to watch without us being by their sides so we actually had time alone, albeit close by.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Ritz-Carlton Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Cayman Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Caribbean resort located on exclusive Seven Mile Beach on Grand Cayman, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman is a short 70-minute flight from Miami. The resort will include 365 guestrooms and 69 of our Residences at The Ritz-Carlton. The resort will also include golf, tennis, La Prairie Spa and seven restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.