“Silver Rain Spa - the exclamation point to a great vacation!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$100 Resort Credit & More
Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Singapore, Singapore
“Silver Rain Spa - the exclamation point to a great vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

It had been a great week in Grand Cayman and we were on our last day. We could not enjoy the beach anymore since it was raining the whole day so we decided to treat ourselves to a massage -- and what a treat it was! From the moment we drove in (we were staying at a condo in Rum Point), we were welcomed by the valet who walked us all the way down to the Spa (aside from parking your car). The staff are very friendly and the place is pristine. Before your massage, they take you to a place where you can have some snacks and fresh fruit juices. Curtains are drawn so your place is private with lush sofas that just makes you calm and relaxed. They also make you choose the music you want for your massage. I had the swedish massage and though it was not the best I ever had, it was still great!
After the massage, they take you back to the room and they serve you glass of champagne and you can just chill as long as you want. We then went back to the sauna then a dip in jacuzzi. They had all the amenities for a shower, which was great since our massage was unplanned, we did not have toiletries with us.
It was the best way to end a great vacation!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

1,481 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Arrived yesterday. Staff seems excelent. Boris (Bar Jack waiter pool side) was EXCEPTIONAL. All staff have been warm & friendly. The room is very comfortable, clean & well equipped. Staying in the beach tower. Love the view. If the rest of the vacation is as nice as the first 24hrs, it will be so hard to leave :) Updates to come. Thanks to previous posters as this helped me in deciding where to go.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This review is hard to write. I stayed here as part of a larger IBM event. The vast majority of the guests on property were IBMers and we were waited on hand and foot (literally). I don’t think it’s fair to think that the service or hotel was any different than it normally would (this IS the Ritz Carlton), but I can say that my overall experience was beyond typical. Instead, I’ll focus on the quality of the staff, facilities, and food.

Staff
This is what makes Ritz Carlton so great. I consistently find better service at their hotels than anywhere else. This property is no different. Here are a few examples: at 6a I was wondering around looking for the hotel gym. A staff member saw me, asked if I needed help, then walked me to the gym. He even gave me a few tips on how to get there quickly (I was staying on the beach side of the resort, while the gym and spa is located on the “resort” side…more on that later). He even offered to get a bottle of water for me on our way so I’d have it the moment I started working out. That’s service. Checking in was equally pleasant. They had plenty of staff ready to handle the influx of people (a hotel shuttle picked us up at the airport and the shuttle was full). Checking in was quick, and they even offered me a refreshing beverage during the process. The housekeeping staff was equally pleasant and attentive. The thing that really stood out to me was how nice everyone was. Smiles, “hello, how are you today?” and opened doors at every corner. The smiles and friendliness didn’t feel forced (even if that wasn’t the case). These guys know how to make you feel comfortable.

Facilities
This place is HUGE and it’s right on the water. In fact, the resort is on both sides of the street. Each side is connected by a large indoor bridge that doubles as a walk-through art gallery. The art is local and spans several genres and styles. It’s wonderful to look at and you can buy anything you see. I didn’t find the size of the resort menacing or unmanageable. I stayed on the “beach” side and had views of the ocean. No, I had amazing views of the ocean. The pool sits just in front of the ocean, so I don’t know why anyone would use it (although plenty did). The sand and water are both amazing. I live in Orange County, CA so beaches are no big deal to me, but this beach was better than anything Laguna has to offer. The sad is like walking on sugar. It’s soft, not hot, and pure. The water was a wonderful temperature (I was there end of May / beginning of June). It’s also way cleaner than US beaches. The resort also has plenty of toys to make the ocean more fun. Floating chairs and tables, ocean kayaks, sail boats, water tricycles, jet skis, snorkeling equipment, etc. It was great. Since IBM was hosting a large function, we also had special tents and facilities set up on the beach and around the resort. Although those were quite amazing (and air conditioned), that isn’t normal so I won’t review those here.

As for the room, it was nice. Good size, good amenities, comfortable bed and pillows, etc. It’s what you’d expect from a Ritz Carlton, so I don’t really feel the need to go into many details here.

The spa and gym are what you expect from a Ritz. Top-notch. The facilities were great. The gym is FULLY stocked. I lift weights (heavy weights) and this was the first hotel gym that could give me an adequate workout while I’m on vacation. What made this the best (I previously thought THEhotel at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas was the best hotel gym) is the combination of the dance studio / aerobics room, cardio machines, and full set of free weights, benches, and weight machines. I could do my normal workout that uses all 3. That’s a first. I did weights, cardio, and then plyometrics in the dance studio. After my workout, I relaxed in the spa facilities. While the general facilities seemed a little small, they did have a large hot Jacuzzi, wet steam room, and dry sauna. I skipped the massage this time around. The shower facilities are fully stocked and well appointed.

We ate all but 1 meal at the resort. All of it was catered (we didn’t eat at the restaurant), but it did represent the quality of the food they prepare. And wow, let me tell you, if their mass-produced, catered food was that good, I can’t imagine how good their sit-down restaurant is. The food was amazing. AMAZING. Local flavors, expertly prepared, and great variety. We did eat off-property one night (we ate at the Cracked Conch and it was also very good), but I was very impressed with the quality of their catering staff (and I’m not easily impressed with food). When I go back, I will eat at the hotel restaurant and I’m sure I will love it.

There are plenty of options in this part of Grand Cayman. The Ritz Carlton is styled to fit in, but its service, amenities, and staff are head and shoulders above the rest. It’s worth the extra money. Stay here.

Room Tip: Stay on the "beach side" of the property with views of the pool and ocean.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bay Area, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Ritz for one week as part of a birthday trip to Grand Cayman. The primary purpose of my trip was to relax on the beach (check!) and go diving (double check!). As a whole, we enjoyed the service, property and amenities at this hotel, with the only downside being, as you might expect, the price.

Pre-arrival and check-in: Before our stay, the concierge emailed us and helped us make reservations for all of our eating options. When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted promptly. We had a resort room view, which meant that we entered the lobby across the street from the ocean side part of the hotel. After being given a brief tour we were escorted to our room by one of the desk agents.

Room location: Our room was on the highest floor (floor 5) of the resort side, facing the quiet pool/Periwinkle restaurant. This location worked out quite well for us for a few reasons: 1) the resort room views are cheaper; 2) the adult pool was almost silent all day long; 3) the hotel must have been at partial capacity because we were never once disturbed by anyone in a neighboring room...and I'm a very light sleeper; 4) the rental car office was on this floor. Some folks on here have mentioned that it is a pain to walk from the resort side to the beach side of the hotel, but we didn't have a problem--I found it to be a refreshing walk in an enclosed, air-conditioned hallway adorned with lovely artwork, and never took us more than 5 minutes to cross.

Room: The room itself was nice, albeit quite a bit smaller than some similar-class hotels (Four Seasons and Hyatt) we've stayed at. The bed was amazingly comfortable. The bathroom was nice and large with watercloset, standing shower, bathtub and his/her sinks, and toiletries including bathrobes, toothbrushes & combs. There was an outside patio that was very clean, but we didn't go out there much since the view was fairly plain. Generic bottled water was free and replenished daily and the housekeeping services were prompt and tidy. Don't eat out of the minibar however, outrageous prices! The same goes for the room service menu...

Beach/Pools: We enjoyed both the beach and the quiet pool during our stay. The beach is immaculate. Again, the hotel must have been under capacity because I never had a problem finding an oceanfront beach chair, whether I went to the beach at 8AM or 12PM. We stuck to the chaise lounges; the cabanas cost $200+ a day (disappointing compared to the free cabanas at the Four Seasons!). I also used some of the free snorkeling equipment to explore a reef off the beach, and saw a few stingrays in the deeper water. The quiet pool was never crowded and the temperature was nice and warm. All of the pool/beach staff were greatly attentive, especially Dennis. The only downside is the beachside food service, which had so-so food at extremely high prices.

Fitness center/Spa: The fitness center had a lot of new equipment and didn't seem to be crowded. The spa was incredibly expensive (I went for a pedicure) but man, it seems to be worth it--they have tons of free snacks in the waiting area, neck warmers, and that was probably the best pedicure I've ever had.

Food: Which brings me to my last part, the food options at the Ritz. With the exception of Eric Ripert's Blue (an amazing experience, but just know that it will cost you), we found all the other food options at the Ritz to be overpriced and bland. Instead, see if you can munch on some of the freebies: in the morning they have free coffee/tea until 10AM and apples in the main lobby; in the afternoon they have homemade cookies and orange juice/rum drinks, with a bowl of candy. And instead eat at any of the nearby restaurants. For example, we had breakfast at Eats cafe (5 min walk up the road) every day for less than $25 USD for 2 people.

Other costs: Just be aware that you can easily tack on an additional $150 per night due to the resort fee and taxes.

That all said, we really did enjoy our time at this hotel--the beach was spectacular--and even came in under budget thanks to some advance planning.

Room Tip: Choose a resort view; you won't spend much time in the room and you'll save $$$
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Unbelievable discovery should be no surprise to those who have discovered Ritz Carlton. From check in, housekeeping, amenities and restaurants this is the only place to stay if you truly appreciate great hotels and resorts.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a Ritz that looks, feels and behaves like a Ritz. We returned for our anniversary this week having loved it three years ago when we last visited. Other Ritz Carltons should take note...act like a Ritz and differentiate yourselves from a JW or regular Marriott. The staff at this property understand service and make you feel special. Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen of Grand Cayman!

Room Tip: I wouldn't pay additional for "resort view" over "garden view"
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
George Town, Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

As a local, I decided to take on being a 'tourist' for a long weekend a while back. The hotel was beyond what I was expecting. The staff were friendly and were good with remembering names. The welcome reception was very homely and the location on Seven Mile Beach is obviously just a huge compliment to the resort. It had a mixed tropical and elegant ambiance.

On Saturday, I went on the Outrage Eco-Tour with a couple of friends out to Stingray City, Rum Point, Starfish Point and Kaibo. I must say it was great to kick back and relax - going out on the water is the best way to forget about the fast life for a little while. Tubing, snorkelling, fishing and two six-packs of Caybrew. Captain JM Stafford is a local sailor (who also operates a larger boat for private tours) and provides decent rates for a true boating experience, and the best part is he lets you choose where you want to go and he takes you around at your request. I would recommend his charter boat tours to anyone who visits, or is even a local. I can't remember this phone number but his e-mail I made a reservation through is jmvbs@candw.ky

Hope this review is useful to all visitors and locals alike!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman? Share your experiences!