“Paradise found in Grand Cayman” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$100 Resort Credit & More
Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Atlanta, Georgia
“Paradise found in Grand Cayman”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Unbelievable discovery should be no surprise to those who have discovered Ritz Carlton. From check in, housekeeping, amenities and restaurants this is the only place to stay if you truly appreciate great hotels and resorts.

• Stayed June 2013

1,483 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a Ritz that looks, feels and behaves like a Ritz. We returned for our anniversary this week having loved it three years ago when we last visited. Other Ritz Carltons should take note...act like a Ritz and differentiate yourselves from a JW or regular Marriott. The staff at this property understand service and make you feel special. Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen of Grand Cayman!

Room Tip: I wouldn't pay additional for "resort view" over "garden view"
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
George Town, Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

As a local, I decided to take on being a 'tourist' for a long weekend a while back. The hotel was beyond what I was expecting. The staff were friendly and were good with remembering names. The welcome reception was very homely and the location on Seven Mile Beach is obviously just a huge compliment to the resort. It had a mixed tropical and elegant ambiance.

On Saturday, I went on the Outrage Eco-Tour with a couple of friends out to Stingray City, Rum Point, Starfish Point and Kaibo. I must say it was great to kick back and relax - going out on the water is the best way to forget about the fast life for a little while. Tubing, snorkelling, fishing and two six-packs of Caybrew. Captain JM Stafford is a local sailor (who also operates a larger boat for private tours) and provides decent rates for a true boating experience, and the best part is he lets you choose where you want to go and he takes you around at your request. I would recommend his charter boat tours to anyone who visits, or is even a local. I can't remember this phone number but his e-mail I made a reservation through is jmvbs@candw.ky

Hope this review is useful to all visitors and locals alike!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had no expectations about the Ritz Carlton. We travelled from Sydney Australia via LA, Miami and then finally Grand Cayman. We received a lovely and honest welcome reception including a refreshing tropical punch drink. From this our hostess was lovely showing us to our room and on the way telling us where everything was and what we could do. The beach was clean and gorgeous. The guest staff were helpful and unobtrusive. The cocktail at the beach bar was one of the best I have ever had and believe me my husband and I rate hotels on their ability to make a decent mohito and piña colada. We will definitely be back if we can ever rustle up the dollars - for this trip I was there also for my company's best performers award event. I rate the Ritz Carlton as The Best! The only issue I would state was that my husband and I had a standard twin room and the beds were not quite big enough for us to sleep together comfortably but everything else including the fantastic authentic Cayman music bands, DJs, restaurants and bars were truly outstanding. I would also highly recommend the Couple massage at the Silver Rain Spa. my husband and I rated it the best one we have had together yet. Well done!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I thought Ritz-Carlton is suppose to be a high-end hotel but to my surprise it turned out to be worst than Comfort Inn & Holiday Inn! In the room, there was no Refrigerator or microwave -basic needs which you do find at Comfort Inn. The shower area was so small that the shower was about a feet away from my head and water fell on my hair rather than on my body. My hands kept hitting the wall as there was no room to go in front or side! oh wait no EXhaust fan in the shower room so soon the shower room became a sauna bath with steam all over and I had to keep door open or else felt suffocated! The room service personnel replenished some stuff too much and yet some none at all! The glasses (drinking water) were not crystal clear from inside after our use-not sure if they cleaned it with soap &n water or just wiped it with towel (ewww)! the room service personnel came twice (in morning + evening) which bugged us alot and sometimes our rooms were undone until 3:30 PM (for the morning part)! The PeriWinkle Restaurant sucked equally! The pasta were way undercooked and we did not like them at all. we left almost 80-85% of it as is in the plate and yet we were charged ridiculously high price $70 for dinner of two! The Bar jack is ncie and the breakfast buffet at Seven restaurant were good. The breakfast buffet for 2 at Seven cost us $80 ! I literally bought milk, juice, yogurt, chips, bread and butter, foam plates, butter knives, fork & spoons from a grocery store and managed it to store in their mini bar refrigerator as there was no other refrigerator provided in the room. The Spa is overpriced as well with starting price from $175 and for most services $200-$300 and higher up $500-700. MAke sure if you plan to be there, get the COMPLIMENTARY COFFEE/TEA they offer in the morning & I guess in afternoon near Silver Palm restaurant near the lobby area. At the pool side, they do offer water, ice-cream bars adn towels for free, at the beach side they have fruit-water jar for free. The Pinacolada of Bar Jack restaurant is the best. At the check out we had asked them to hold our luggage and most likely some employee might have ruined our bags and clothes by spraying suncreen spray all over! I think they might have done this as I had left bad reviews about their hotel! Hell NO, I will NOT Recommend this Hotel to anyone! We ate outside the hotel at Southern Spice (Indian Restaurant), one Italian restaurant, one Thai Restaurant and one Mexican Restaurant. Except for the mexican one, rest all were great.

Room Tip: We were given a room by the garden side all the way at the end so when I opened my balcony door, I s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Was lucky enough to stay at the Ritz Carlton as part of a business celebration with a friend. It's a big hotel - but there were always staff on hand to direct - if you lost your bearings. Our room was big - with two very comfortable double beds - a sizeable bathroom had two sinks, and the balcony overlooking the pool was perfect. And the location on the beach couldn't be any better. The staff who cover the sunbeds with towels and look after you there, and at the pool, are chatty and friendly and really all we had to do was sit back and enjoy it all. The food was consistently good - mainly buffet - but not sure how representative this is for regular guests as ours was a big corporate event. For businesses - the hotel has many different areas where you can host drinks parties, the facility for marquees in the grounds. And they did a huge evening gala dinner - all on the beach complete with tables and chairs and lanterns in the sea - with apparent ease. It was all cleared away by the morning after. Very impressive staff, very well run hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Wow, everyone remembers your name at all times, it seems. This is the best trained staff of hotel workers I have run accross. Cannot beat the location and service on this beautiful beach.
They have a full time staff of flower decorators which do a magnificent job of ever changing floral arrangements throughout the entire property. Only complaint is there is a lot of walking to do to get to the beach as the hotel is accross the road and the property is quite large. Impressed with the sushi bar which has authentic wasabi too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman? Share your experiences!