“Best hotel experience ever! Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$100 Resort Credit & More
Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Sydney, Australia
“Best hotel experience ever! Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had no expectations about the Ritz Carlton. We travelled from Sydney Australia via LA, Miami and then finally Grand Cayman. We received a lovely and honest welcome reception including a refreshing tropical punch drink. From this our hostess was lovely showing us to our room and on the way telling us where everything was and what we could do. The beach was clean and gorgeous. The guest staff were helpful and unobtrusive. The cocktail at the beach bar was one of the best I have ever had and believe me my husband and I rate hotels on their ability to make a decent mohito and piña colada. We will definitely be back if we can ever rustle up the dollars - for this trip I was there also for my company's best performers award event. I rate the Ritz Carlton as The Best! The only issue I would state was that my husband and I had a standard twin room and the beds were not quite big enough for us to sleep together comfortably but everything else including the fantastic authentic Cayman music bands, DJs, restaurants and bars were truly outstanding. I would also highly recommend the Couple massage at the Silver Rain Spa. my husband and I rated it the best one we have had together yet. Well done!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

1,524 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I thought Ritz-Carlton is suppose to be a high-end hotel but to my surprise it turned out to be worst than Comfort Inn & Holiday Inn! In the room, there was no Refrigerator or microwave -basic needs which you do find at Comfort Inn. The shower area was so small that the shower was about a feet away from my head and water fell on my hair rather than on my body. My hands kept hitting the wall as there was no room to go in front or side! oh wait no EXhaust fan in the shower room so soon the shower room became a sauna bath with steam all over and I had to keep door open or else felt suffocated! The room service personnel replenished some stuff too much and yet some none at all! The glasses (drinking water) were not crystal clear from inside after our use-not sure if they cleaned it with soap &n water or just wiped it with towel (ewww)! the room service personnel came twice (in morning + evening) which bugged us alot and sometimes our rooms were undone until 3:30 PM (for the morning part)! The PeriWinkle Restaurant sucked equally! The pasta were way undercooked and we did not like them at all. we left almost 80-85% of it as is in the plate and yet we were charged ridiculously high price $70 for dinner of two! The Bar jack is ncie and the breakfast buffet at Seven restaurant were good. The breakfast buffet for 2 at Seven cost us $80 ! I literally bought milk, juice, yogurt, chips, bread and butter, foam plates, butter knives, fork & spoons from a grocery store and managed it to store in their mini bar refrigerator as there was no other refrigerator provided in the room. The Spa is overpriced as well with starting price from $175 and for most services $200-$300 and higher up $500-700. MAke sure if you plan to be there, get the COMPLIMENTARY COFFEE/TEA they offer in the morning & I guess in afternoon near Silver Palm restaurant near the lobby area. At the pool side, they do offer water, ice-cream bars adn towels for free, at the beach side they have fruit-water jar for free. The Pinacolada of Bar Jack restaurant is the best. At the check out we had asked them to hold our luggage and most likely some employee might have ruined our bags and clothes by spraying suncreen spray all over! I think they might have done this as I had left bad reviews about their hotel! Hell NO, I will NOT Recommend this Hotel to anyone! We ate outside the hotel at Southern Spice (Indian Restaurant), one Italian restaurant, one Thai Restaurant and one Mexican Restaurant. Except for the mexican one, rest all were great.

Room Tip: We were given a room by the garden side all the way at the end so when I opened my balcony door, I s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Was lucky enough to stay at the Ritz Carlton as part of a business celebration with a friend. It's a big hotel - but there were always staff on hand to direct - if you lost your bearings. Our room was big - with two very comfortable double beds - a sizeable bathroom had two sinks, and the balcony overlooking the pool was perfect. And the location on the beach couldn't be any better. The staff who cover the sunbeds with towels and look after you there, and at the pool, are chatty and friendly and really all we had to do was sit back and enjoy it all. The food was consistently good - mainly buffet - but not sure how representative this is for regular guests as ours was a big corporate event. For businesses - the hotel has many different areas where you can host drinks parties, the facility for marquees in the grounds. And they did a huge evening gala dinner - all on the beach complete with tables and chairs and lanterns in the sea - with apparent ease. It was all cleared away by the morning after. Very impressive staff, very well run hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Wow, everyone remembers your name at all times, it seems. This is the best trained staff of hotel workers I have run accross. Cannot beat the location and service on this beautiful beach.
They have a full time staff of flower decorators which do a magnificent job of ever changing floral arrangements throughout the entire property. Only complaint is there is a lot of walking to do to get to the beach as the hotel is accross the road and the property is quite large. Impressed with the sushi bar which has authentic wasabi too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Just perfect. Perfect location, service, food, facilities.
A lot to do, several great restaurants, excellent pool and beach. I could easily live there.
2nd time there, hope to go a few more. Recommend

• Stayed August 2012
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

This resort is like none my husband and I had ever stayed at before. The service was impeccable and the hotel and beach were second to none. The hotel was decorated perfectly and the atmosphere was luxurious. We stayed at the Ritz for 4 nights beginning of June. From the moment we drove up to the Ritz it was evident the employees went above and beyond. Check-In was smooth and pleasant and the assistance to our room and the explanation of all the amenities was appreciated.

We ended up eating at Seven the first evening as well as for breakfast the day after. I highly recommend this restaurant where even if you don't see it on the menu it's likely not a problem. I ordered raspberry dressing and it was not already made, but the waiter checked with the chef and it was easily made up... It was wonderful. It is a pricey restaurant, expect at least $200 for a dinner and about $70 for breakfast.

The pool side is wonderful and the service again superb. Expect your towel, which hugs your beach chair like a sheet, to be set up by the attendants on duty. You will have your drinks served to you there as well as at the beach. Service at the beach for drinks can be a little slow, which was a rad but disappointing, but overall we were still very happy. The beach itself is the best we have enjoyed. The water so refreshing and not wavy! You can enjoy long walks on the 7 mike beach. A little hint, if you walk to the right of the hotel on the beach the public beach is only about 10 minutes away. We would walk there every day and grab a Piña Colada for half the price at the Ritz and then enjoy it there and just before we left we would grab one for the walk back... It was wonderful! We would then grab a few drinks beach side at the Ritz. The Pinas at the Ritz are great, but $20 bucks a drink is a bit much!

The Silver Rain Spa was wonderful and we really enjoyed our couples massage. The service again was impeccable and first rate! The ambiance was perfect and I can now only dream of going back again!

You will enjoy you're stay here, but bring you pocket book! Nothing is cheap here. The stocked fridge is anything but cheap for what you get. There are two shops where you can buy ridiculously expensive clothing as well as other travel related items. Also as you go towards the beach side if you in the main entrance area, the halls are filled with art if you are interested in local paintings and local structures, but bring a few thousand C$ ;)

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to the Grand Cayman Ritz. We stayed on the resort side of the hotel again because that's all the was available on short notice. (We checked out of the GC Marriott after one night)
My husband and I had remembered that it seemed like such a long walk to the beach side the first time we visited but that didn't seem to be the case this time. We kept saying, "why did this seem so inconvenient"? After a walk on the beach in the morning then a delicious breakfast at Seven we would spend most of our time at the lagoon pool on the resort side. It is sooo much quieter than the beach side and the service from Robert and Dennis was awesome! We had lunch at Periwinkle most days. The spa is amazing. I didn't buy any services but used the whirlpool, steam room and sauna.

The Ritz does charge a $50 a day resort fee on top of the quoted rate but all excercise classes, the spa, and the beach equipment is included.

Our last day there was a rainy one but we enjoyed ourself at the free wine tasting that the Sommelier offered. We had some amazing wines.....Pinot Noir to be exact.....and met some nice people.

Overall, it's an amazing property! We will stay there again and will be requesting the resort side. Too many kiddos on the beach side for my taste!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman? Share your experiences!