“Just perfect” 5 of 5 stars

$100 Resort Credit
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
“Just perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Just perfect. Perfect location, service, food, facilities.
A lot to do, several great restaurants, excellent pool and beach. I could easily live there.
2nd time there, hope to go a few more. Recommend

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

This resort is like none my husband and I had ever stayed at before. The service was impeccable and the hotel and beach were second to none. The hotel was decorated perfectly and the atmosphere was luxurious. We stayed at the Ritz for 4 nights beginning of June. From the moment we drove up to the Ritz it was evident the employees went above and beyond. Check-In was smooth and pleasant and the assistance to our room and the explanation of all the amenities was appreciated.

We ended up eating at Seven the first evening as well as for breakfast the day after. I highly recommend this restaurant where even if you don't see it on the menu it's likely not a problem. I ordered raspberry dressing and it was not already made, but the waiter checked with the chef and it was easily made up... It was wonderful. It is a pricey restaurant, expect at least $200 for a dinner and about $70 for breakfast.

The pool side is wonderful and the service again superb. Expect your towel, which hugs your beach chair like a sheet, to be set up by the attendants on duty. You will have your drinks served to you there as well as at the beach. Service at the beach for drinks can be a little slow, which was a rad but disappointing, but overall we were still very happy. The beach itself is the best we have enjoyed. The water so refreshing and not wavy! You can enjoy long walks on the 7 mike beach. A little hint, if you walk to the right of the hotel on the beach the public beach is only about 10 minutes away. We would walk there every day and grab a Piña Colada for half the price at the Ritz and then enjoy it there and just before we left we would grab one for the walk back... It was wonderful! We would then grab a few drinks beach side at the Ritz. The Pinas at the Ritz are great, but $20 bucks a drink is a bit much!

The Silver Rain Spa was wonderful and we really enjoyed our couples massage. The service again was impeccable and first rate! The ambiance was perfect and I can now only dream of going back again!

You will enjoy you're stay here, but bring you pocket book! Nothing is cheap here. The stocked fridge is anything but cheap for what you get. There are two shops where you can buy ridiculously expensive clothing as well as other travel related items. Also as you go towards the beach side if you in the main entrance area, the halls are filled with art if you are interested in local paintings and local structures, but bring a few thousand C$ ;)

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to the Grand Cayman Ritz. We stayed on the resort side of the hotel again because that's all the was available on short notice. (We checked out of the GC Marriott after one night)
My husband and I had remembered that it seemed like such a long walk to the beach side the first time we visited but that didn't seem to be the case this time. We kept saying, "why did this seem so inconvenient"? After a walk on the beach in the morning then a delicious breakfast at Seven we would spend most of our time at the lagoon pool on the resort side. It is sooo much quieter than the beach side and the service from Robert and Dennis was awesome! We had lunch at Periwinkle most days. The spa is amazing. I didn't buy any services but used the whirlpool, steam room and sauna.

The Ritz does charge a $50 a day resort fee on top of the quoted rate but all excercise classes, the spa, and the beach equipment is included.

Our last day there was a rainy one but we enjoyed ourself at the free wine tasting that the Sommelier offered. We had some amazing wines.....Pinot Noir to be exact.....and met some nice people.

Overall, it's an amazing property! We will stay there again and will be requesting the resort side. Too many kiddos on the beach side for my taste!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hershey, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My wife and I did a five night stay in early May. It is hard to imagine how it could have been better! It is a great hotel in a great location. The beach, the water and the weather were beautiful. Hotel was luxurious and had great service. Because it was the end of "the season"...or perhaps a little beyond that, the town wasn't crowded, the beach wasn't crowded. We got into any restaurant we wanted. Made for a very relaxing stay. Definitely want to go back again.

Room Tip: The more you pay - the better your room...but our room on the "resort side" of the hotel w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was amazing. We stayed in a suite and we loved it. It had a fantastic decor and the place was live. The customer service was outstanding. Everyone was so peaceful. The bathrooms are spacious. Thanks so much for an amazing vacation!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stopped here June 2013 for a few days and can safely say its a very impressive hotel! It's location, its staff, its interior, its facilities, are all of an exceptional standard and would likely not be beaten on the island. That said, there are a few points that do unfortunately let the hotel down and prevent me from giving it 5 stars...

The biggest issue I found at the hotel was that the separating door between adjoined rooms isn't soundproof (not even close), and as a result you can clearly here people in the other room talking (at a standard level). This becomes somewhat irritating when in the morning and evening you can hear people talking as if they were in your room.

The breakfast I had was cold two days running, which really surprised me given this hotels reputation. I spoke to the head chef who did apologise and offered to sort it for me, though I wouldn't expect this to be required in this caliber of hotel.

Wanting to use the jet-skis they have on the beach was also a let-down as I was told they aren't actually available to hotel guests and I would need to travel to another hotel further down the 7-mile beach where I would be able to rent one. I was told by the staff that they get this all the time, and it does make me wonder why it hasn't been resolved (and whose the jet-ski's in the hotels section of beach belong to).

Finally, at least in the room I stayed in, there were no plug sockets near the bed, with only a single socket available on the other side of the room for the desk. A lot of hotels over the last 12-18 months appear to have updated their bedrooms to ensure there is at least one socket by a bed (be it in the wall or on a lamp), so it is a shame to see there are none here.

Taking these small niggles to one side, it really is a great hotel. I had a very pleasant stay and enjoyed myself thoroughly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a pleasant stay in Grand Cayman, just make sure you don't book an adjoining room :-)

Room Tip: Try to avoid connected rooms as the doors aren't soundproof, and it can be very noisy!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We went during winter break. The hotel staff greeted us at the door with drinks and cheer. The room was clean and nice, but nothing spectacular. We did not use the spa mostly because the prices are $$$$. The sushi restaurant was delicious. The bellman would drive us if they were not busy, otherwise we took taxi's to dinner. Room service was prompt and the food was good.
Beach side staff - Fantastic! This is the part where I sit on my beach chair and drink fruity umbrella drinks - and I really DID have a cabana boy.
Used our Marriott points, best bang for the points ever!
Going back next year

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the beach side if you plan to spend most of your time there. We were on the other...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman? Share your experiences!