“Spoiled and Pampered!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in Seven Mile Beach
midwest
“Spoiled and Pampered!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to the Grand Cayman Ritz. We stayed on the resort side of the hotel again because that's all the was available on short notice. (We checked out of the GC Marriott after one night)
My husband and I had remembered that it seemed like such a long walk to the beach side the first time we visited but that didn't seem to be the case this time. We kept saying, "why did this seem so inconvenient"? After a walk on the beach in the morning then a delicious breakfast at Seven we would spend most of our time at the lagoon pool on the resort side. It is sooo much quieter than the beach side and the service from Robert and Dennis was awesome! We had lunch at Periwinkle most days. The spa is amazing. I didn't buy any services but used the whirlpool, steam room and sauna.

The Ritz does charge a $50 a day resort fee on top of the quoted rate but all excercise classes, the spa, and the beach equipment is included.

Our last day there was a rainy one but we enjoyed ourself at the free wine tasting that the Sommelier offered. We had some amazing wines.....Pinot Noir to be exact.....and met some nice people.

Overall, it's an amazing property! We will stay there again and will be requesting the resort side. Too many kiddos on the beach side for my taste!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

1,488 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
Hershey, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My wife and I did a five night stay in early May. It is hard to imagine how it could have been better! It is a great hotel in a great location. The beach, the water and the weather were beautiful. Hotel was luxurious and had great service. Because it was the end of "the season"...or perhaps a little beyond that, the town wasn't crowded, the beach wasn't crowded. We got into any restaurant we wanted. Made for a very relaxing stay. Definitely want to go back again.

Room Tip: The more you pay - the better your room...but our room on the "resort side" of the hotel w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was amazing. We stayed in a suite and we loved it. It had a fantastic decor and the place was live. The customer service was outstanding. Everyone was so peaceful. The bathrooms are spacious. Thanks so much for an amazing vacation!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stopped here June 2013 for a few days and can safely say its a very impressive hotel! It's location, its staff, its interior, its facilities, are all of an exceptional standard and would likely not be beaten on the island. That said, there are a few points that do unfortunately let the hotel down and prevent me from giving it 5 stars...

The biggest issue I found at the hotel was that the separating door between adjoined rooms isn't soundproof (not even close), and as a result you can clearly here people in the other room talking (at a standard level). This becomes somewhat irritating when in the morning and evening you can hear people talking as if they were in your room.

The breakfast I had was cold two days running, which really surprised me given this hotels reputation. I spoke to the head chef who did apologise and offered to sort it for me, though I wouldn't expect this to be required in this caliber of hotel.

Wanting to use the jet-skis they have on the beach was also a let-down as I was told they aren't actually available to hotel guests and I would need to travel to another hotel further down the 7-mile beach where I would be able to rent one. I was told by the staff that they get this all the time, and it does make me wonder why it hasn't been resolved (and whose the jet-ski's in the hotels section of beach belong to).

Finally, at least in the room I stayed in, there were no plug sockets near the bed, with only a single socket available on the other side of the room for the desk. A lot of hotels over the last 12-18 months appear to have updated their bedrooms to ensure there is at least one socket by a bed (be it in the wall or on a lamp), so it is a shame to see there are none here.

Taking these small niggles to one side, it really is a great hotel. I had a very pleasant stay and enjoyed myself thoroughly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a pleasant stay in Grand Cayman, just make sure you don't book an adjoining room :-)

Room Tip: Try to avoid connected rooms as the doors aren't soundproof, and it can be very noisy!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We went during winter break. The hotel staff greeted us at the door with drinks and cheer. The room was clean and nice, but nothing spectacular. We did not use the spa mostly because the prices are $$$$. The sushi restaurant was delicious. The bellman would drive us if they were not busy, otherwise we took taxi's to dinner. Room service was prompt and the food was good.
Beach side staff - Fantastic! This is the part where I sit on my beach chair and drink fruity umbrella drinks - and I really DID have a cabana boy.
Used our Marriott points, best bang for the points ever!
Going back next year

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the beach side if you plan to spend most of your time there. We were on the other...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This hotel is not the usual type of hotel we select to stay at in the Caribbean. We tend to stay at small luxury hotels/resorts that are intimate and quiet, but on Grand Cayman this is the place to stay. There is a reason this hotel is 5-stars. Everything about it is top notch! The location is perfect...right on one of the best sections of Seven Mile Beach. The restaurants are excellent, and the food and drink selection is varied. Service is without a doubt the very best! The rooms are comfortable and clean. We stayed in the beach tower in room 627 and we had an excellent view of the pool area and the beach. There is something for everyone here, but be aware that staying here does not come cheap. Be willing to pay a small fortune for food and drinks. But remember, you are at the Ritz!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is definitely top 5 best places i have ever stayed. The hotel grounds are spectacular and the very short walk to the beach is an added bonus. The beach is probably the best I have ever been to. I love how they had the lawn chairs right on the sand and the service was excellent on the beach. The water was so clear and warm plus they had a big section of it roped off with water chairs and toys which I thought was very clever. I highly recommend this place and would go back in a heart beat.

The spa was also very clean and the staff was extremely friendly!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman? Share your experiences!