I stopped here June 2013 for a few days and can safely say its a very impressive hotel! It's location, its staff, its interior, its facilities, are all of an exceptional standard and would likely not be beaten on the island. That said, there are a few points that do unfortunately let the hotel down and prevent me from giving it 5 stars...
The biggest issue I found at the hotel was that the separating door between adjoined rooms isn't soundproof (not even close), and as a result you can clearly here people in the other room talking (at a standard level). This becomes somewhat irritating when in the morning and evening you can hear people talking as if they were in your room.
The breakfast I had was cold two days running, which really surprised me given this hotels reputation. I spoke to the head chef who did apologise and offered to sort it for me, though I wouldn't expect this to be required in this caliber of hotel.
Wanting to use the jet-skis they have on the beach was also a let-down as I was told they aren't actually available to hotel guests and I would need to travel to another hotel further down the 7-mile beach where I would be able to rent one. I was told by the staff that they get this all the time, and it does make me wonder why it hasn't been resolved (and whose the jet-ski's in the hotels section of beach belong to).
Finally, at least in the room I stayed in, there were no plug sockets near the bed, with only a single socket available on the other side of the room for the desk. A lot of hotels over the last 12-18 months appear to have updated their bedrooms to ensure there is at least one socket by a bed (be it in the wall or on a lamp), so it is a shame to see there are none here.
Taking these small niggles to one side, it really is a great hotel. I had a very pleasant stay and enjoyed myself thoroughly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a pleasant stay in Grand Cayman, just make sure you don't book an adjoining room :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury resort where sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Marriott and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Cayman Islands