There is no doubt this property has it all. Great beach, great location, great service, everything. I have never stayed at a Ritz before but my fiancee has. She would stay at a Ritz every time we travel I would not. I have no regrets about staying and I would recommend this place to anyone. Being in the investment/finance profession, I place a value not only on my experience, location, service and amenities but also the overall $$ value. This is the only place where the Ritz is lacking. Don't get me wrong, this place is great and you know going in, it's The Ritz, everything is marked up 33-50%+. (even weddings... we discussed the possibility of having our wedding on property and they were great.) But for 50% of the cost here I can get the same or close to the same experience and service we received at this Ritz as we did at the Grand Hyatt in Aruba. (and we had a beach/ocean view instead of a non beach/non ocean view)
If we did the research about a resort and/or island before hand (by reviewing TripAdvisor, talking to people, reviewing the web sites and even calling the resort before we book) we have never been disappointed! If you have done your research and you are on a good island, a good resort with noted service those places are as good as, close to, or in some cases better than the Ritz Grand Cayman. So the question becomes if you can get the same (or close to the same) experience, service and amenities, with a beach/ocean view as you would at the Ritz (without the ocean/beach views), is it worth spending the extra 40-50%+ just because IT'S THE RITZ?
Note below for those interested in comparing all inclusive to Ritz:
For 30-40% of the cost of the Ritz you can have a trio of butlers who cater to your every whim. I know some people might say it's Sandals not the Ritz. But if you chose the right resort you will have just as nice beach, rooms, amenities, drinks, activities, experiences with the best room location possible and MUCH more personalized service and attention from your butlers then you will ever have at any Hyatt, Fairmount or Ritz. If you place value on high end food and want only the best food, then the all inclusive option might not be right for you. But if you don't require that, an all inclusive with a butler is a way to have an even better experience for a significant cost savings.
Whether it is a traditional resort/hotel or an all-inclusive you can't lose either way if you have done your research!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, a luxury resort where sparkling blue waters blend seamlessly with the sand and sky to create your perfect Caribbean oasis. Located on an archipelago of three picturesque islands, our Cayman Islands resort offers a breathtaking location unlike anywhere else on earth. From the white sands of Seven Mile Beach to world-renowned restaurants including Blue, by renowned seafood chef Eric Ripert, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman luxury resort offers guests an unforgettable escape from the everyday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Cayman Islands