Really enjoyed my stay here. Just returned from a week long vacation and already miss the beautiful weather and soft beach sand. The Ritz Carlton really has customer service down to an art form. Anytime we needed anything, all you had to do was ask. In fact, I was at poolside and inquired to an employee about whether the resort gift shop sold any band-aids. The employee promptly returned with a bag full of band-aids, toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors and other toiletries from the spa for no charge.
We stayed in a resort side room (opposite side of resort from the beach) and we really enjoyed it. This side has a very nice pool that is geared more towards adults and is quieter. Never a problem finding a pool lounger and all you have to do is ask a pool attendant for a sun umbrella and they set it up or you. Fresh water provided poolside everyday with a new flavor. Abundant towels provided and there's a great poolside restaurant Periwinkel that serves great food and delicious tropical drinks.
As others have stated, you have to plan ahead for the expense of staying here because everything is expensive...but if you know that up front, you can plan for it.
We really enjoyed Seven steakhouse at the resort. We had an unbelievable dinner and Sunday brunch with unlimited champagne. Some of the best food I have had in my life...and I've eaten in great restaurants all over the Caribbean and Hawaii. The prices are high but the food quality and freshness is amazing and our waiter Jeremy did a great job of knowing all the dishes and making dinner/wine recommendations.
We didn't eat at Eric Ripert's Blue Restaurant at the resort but it was highly recommended. We also didn't eat at the in- house sushi restaurant because I don't eat it but it was popular as well.
Ate off property at Sunshine Grill, Hemingways, Calypso Grill - all were excellent. Sunshine Grill has very affordable and delicious food / drinks at reasonable prices and its walking distance from RC...but they don't take reservations so be prepared to wait or go early. Ate at Bar Jacks next to the beachside pool several times also. Great food, drink and service right alongside Seven Mile Beach. They make one of the best Piña Coladas you will ever drink in your life. The Painkillers are great too.
Resort is very clean and rooms were nice. Housekeeping does a great job of making sure you have everything you need. They also try very hard to complete your room turn down while you are at the pool or out eating so your room is done when you get back. In-room safe was very convenient and alleviated a lot of concerns about theft. The only thing I would recommend to the management is that they should consider investing in in-room coffee makers (although fresh coffee and tea are provided every morning in the Palm lounge) and in-room IPod docking station/alarm clocks.
All in all, great, relaxing stay. I would highly recommend staying here.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Hotel
- Grand Cayman Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman
- Ritz Seven Mile Beach
- Ritz-Carlton Seven Mile Beach
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz-Carlton
- Seven Mile Beach Ritz
- Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Cayman Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Caribbean resort located on exclusive Seven Mile Beach on Grand Cayman, The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman is a short 70-minute flight from Miami. The resort will include 365 guestrooms and 69 of our Residences at The Ritz-Carlton. The resort will also include golf, tennis, La Prairie Spa and seven restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.