“Best Beach!” 5 of 5 stars

Sandy, Utah, United States
21 attraction reviews
“Best Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This beach is awesome.. it is very long, the water is warm, clear, calm.. fish swim up to you everywhere. My 5 year old was cruising around seeing fish close to the shore.. very exciting for him. Not crowded. The beach is huge so enough place for everyone even when the cruise ships are in town.

Mokena, Illinois
32 attraction reviews
“Small beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The beach looks very nice, but it is very small in comparison to other islands (Jamacia, Punta Cana, etc.).

9 attraction reviews
“Excellet excursion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

We were on the Carnival Freedom and choose this excursion. Transfers to/from are good. Beach is amazing. You can use the lounge chairs at no further cost. Free drink included. Recommend this excursion.

Arlington, Tennessee
11 attraction reviews
“A Top Ten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Seven Mile Beach definitely deserves a top rating for beaches of the world. This is the stuff that dreams are made of, white sand, crystal blue water, and not too crowded if you avoid the spots used by the cruise lines.

Vinton, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
“don't go on the ship excursion!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We visited Grand Cayman on a recent cruise stop and I was so excited to return to this island as I had visited there before, and i was my favorite beach on that particular trip. (6 years ago) In the last 6 years they have added and added and added "stuff" to this beach and in my opinion have ruined it. The excursion took us to a place at this beach that was so crowded we had to go a good distance down the beach to even find a chair, which were jammed on top of each other. They were so close together you could barely walk between them. Our excursion included a "free" drink that was horrible. We threw them away. We were unable to get in the water past our knees because of the reef. I walked about a quarter of a mile or so just trying to find a place to go around the reef. No luck. Its a seven-mile beach... wouldn't you think they could take you to a spot where you could at least get in the water? The last time I was there I took a cab from the port and had a fantastic day there with my daughter. We got in the water and could swim! It is an absolutely beautiful place! Its a shame they have built it up to cash in on more tourist money, because i think it was so much nicer before. Last time I was there, there was just a little hamburger hut! It was awesome! In all fairness, (and I like to be fair) there were 5 ships there the day we were there, so i'm sure there were a lot of extra people, but like I said, there are 7 miles of beach! I don't think everybody needs to be in a clump! We took a cab back to the ship after about an hour and a half. Next time I think we will do the turtle trip! we heard good things about that when people got back to the ship.