“Wedding In Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Cayman Beach Suites

Save Saved
You added Grand Cayman Beach Suites to your Saves list
Grand Cayman Beach Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Seven Mile Beach KY1-1101, Grand Cayman (Formerly Hyatt Beach Suites)   |
Special Price
Great Spring Deal
Ranked #5 of 10 hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Denver, Colorado
“Wedding In Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

Our wedding was Oct. 9th and we stayed at the Grand Cayman Beach Suites from Oct 6th-17th and couldn't have chosen a more perfect place to have our wedding and honeymoon. Marina Flynn our wedding coordinator took care of everything for us leading up to the trip and while we were there, she was fabulous. Having never been to the island or seen the resort we put all of our faith in her to make it happen for us and she really came through. The resort was beautiful, the rooms were gigantic and the views were breath taking. We were there with 25 other friends and family and they all had amazing things to say about the wedding, the Grand Cayman Beach Suites Property and the staff. We played golf at the Britannia, ate at Hemingway's, used the pool, ordered room service, and spent everyday at the Seven Mile Beach Bar and the word amazing can't even do our time there justice. While we were there we felt like we were a part of the family as everyone from Marina to Brad and Will our bartenders at the beach bar, to Kylee our server at Hemingway's all not just remembered our names or our drinks, they truly took the time to make a connection with our entire group. Everyone there was very friendly and helpful with any request we had and Brad and Will were great at helping us with any dining decisions we needed to make, great choices guys. We also owe a great debt of gratitude to Valentine who found our camera with all of our pictures on it while he was cleaning up the beach one morning and found us later that morning to make sure we got it back. My wife and I left feeling like we actually made new friends that we were sad to be saying goodbye to. The trip was more then either of us could have ever imagined and we have the staff at the Grand Cayman Beach Suites to thank for that, we will definitely be back to see our friends again soon. Thanks Kylee, Brad, Will, and a huge thanks to Marina for taking such good care of us, our friends, and our family during such an amazing time in our lives. We hope you had as much fun with us as we did with you.....see you guys again soon.

708 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

This was our second time staying at this hotel in a year. We really like this establishment. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about them.
ALL staff are very friendly and courteous. There are several restaurants on site and we were very pleased with them. The front desk was helpful in giving directions and arranging reservations, taxis, etc. They do an absolutely outstanding job.
Our room was always very clean. Each afternoon when we returned from diving the beds were made and the room was cleaned. Each evening housekeeping came by for turn-down service.
The pool and beach areas are beautiful. There were always plenty of chairs and towels. The bar and waite staff do a great job.
All rooms are suites. This is really nice. We got a room with a full patio. This is really nice to sit on and watch the sunset. Last time here we did not pay for this. This time I'm glad we did. I really enjoyed it.
I highly recommend this hotel. We travel to the Cayman Islands annually. We will stay here again without a doubt. It is perfect for us.

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Marina Flynn is the on-staff wedding co-ordinator and took care of every detail to perfection. I had a stress-free, beautiful wedding, and the hardest decision I had to make was what flavor of cake I wanted (We went with coconut buttercream rum cake, yum!).

Grand Cayman Beach suites is a bargain for luxury, especially in the off-season. My new husband and I stayed in an oceanfront balcony room, and the suites are newly renovated and cheerful. The rooms are larger than other Seven Mile options (to my knowledge) and the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. My only two reservations are that the water in the shower is a bit inconsistent (becomes gradually warmer or cooler) and if you don't like feather pillows, bring your own pillow from home.

I couldn't imagine a better wedding/honeymoon, or anniversary for the price. The flowers were so fresh they lasted the entire week out of water, and the photographer promptly put together a printed album for us of our 20 best pictures (Caribbean Memories package deal), plus a DVD containing almost 600 pictures with a professional photographer. Imagine, having the rights to print your own wedding photographs!

Our minister who administered the vows was a sweet, romantic man who provided us with the best vows I could imagine. I tried to write vows before I came using a library book and the internet, but wasn't happy until I read what Rev. Arther Henriquez-Bent composed for us. Perfect, perfect, perfect!

Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

As my wife and I strolled the beach numerous times during our stay we noticed only the GCBS were where the smiles were on both vacationer and staff. The hotel pays high attention to all details. Mr. Powers, the hotel manager was spotted speaking kindly to the employees, picking up platters from the tables and interacting with the vacationers. Any frequent travelers know the importance of management being in touch with both employees and customers means so much. Grand Cayman Beach Suites deserves the high occupancy they have experienced during this tough economy. They offer a great price for an excellent product. Thank you and we will be back again next year.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

I have gone to many islands and have stayed at many hotels. This hotel was not only clean, but the service was excellent. Beds were the best I have every slept in any hotel (and I travel often for business). I am a very picky traveler and do not normally write such good reviews. it was great to have a frig, microwave, dishes, and mini sink in the room. Close to many restaurants. Hotel restaurant was pretty pricy, but food was good. Best places was EATS (about half mike a way) and Chicken Chicken (and prices were reasonable). There is a grocery store in walking distant and it looks like one in the USA. You can take public buses/vans to pretty much any place for 2 CI. You can catch them right outside the hotel. Loved this hotel and would recommend to anyone- adults and kids. Pools were very clean and there was no need to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve beach chairs- they have plenty and they are great. Just love love love this place!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

We booked our reservation at least nine months prior to our trip as we were planning on getting married in Grand Cayman. We did a lot of research and decided to stay at the GCBS because of the location and affordable wedding packages. Upon arrival we were greeted promptly and received help with our bags. Unbeknown to us the hotel had upgraded room to a large two bedroom suite with a HUGE patio (one of the 4 largest rooms in the hotel). The wedding planner Marina, did an amazing job helping us coordinate the most beautiful wedding that I have ever been to (of course it was my own so I am a bit biased). The sun terrace is truly the best location to have the ceremony. The sweeping views of the sky and ocean are breathtaking, not to mention the privacy of the location prohibits curious on lookers from the beach. All of the staff from the front desk personnel to the house cleaners was very courteous and helpful. One of the maintenance employees even borrowed his own razor to my best man after he realized he didn't have one and it was 10 minutes before the ceremony. The grounds and beach were kept extremely clean and tidy. The lounge chairs on the beach were the best on 7 mile beach (we walked almost the entire beach and didn't see very many other locations that had nicer beach furniture). We had a lot of family that stayed at the Marriot (which is a nice location to stay) that told us at the end of the trip that GCBS was were they wished they would have stayed. In conclusion, if I ever go back to Grand Cayman, I will not consider staying anywhere else.

Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

We were married on October 10th, 2010 on the Sun Terrace at GCBS. The setting was absolutely gorgeous. We want to thank our wedding planner, Marina Flynn, for making our wedding exceptional and beyond our expectations. Her professionalism and attention to detail made our day truly memorable. Everything was perfect. We would highly recommend Marina and Grand Caymen Beach Suites for anyone thinking of a destination wedding. Thank you, Marina! You are a gem!

Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Grand Cayman Beach Suites? Share your experiences!