“Wonderful and relaxing stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Cayman Beach Suites

You added Grand Cayman Beach Suites to your Saves list
Grand Cayman Beach Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Seven Mile Beach KY1-1101, Grand Cayman (Formerly Hyatt Beach Suites)   |
Special Price
50% off room rate
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
St. Paul, MN
“Wonderful and relaxing stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

My husband, two children (ages 5 yrs and 11 months) and I stayed that the GCBS at the end of March and had a fabulous time! I thought the service was excellent--we were always warmly greeted when we entered the lobby and the staff was always happy to call restaurants, dive places, transportation for us. Housekeeping and the turn-down service was prompt and very good. We ate at the pool bar and ordered room service a couple of times and were never disappointed. The beach WAS a little crowded at times but it was spring break. We didn't really feel like it was too crowded, though and never had trouble finding a lounge chair or a spot to build sand castles. The pool was great for kids--my daughter can swim and I can sit on the 6 inch "shelf" watching my 11 month old crawl and enjoy the water. We liked that fact that the hotel had a mini-kitchen and a big bathtub--again very family friendly! I would definitely stay here again on our next trip to the Caymans!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

If you are thinking of staying at the Grand Cayman Beach Suites, your should. Despite the high prices, there was very many things to do and it was all worth it. The Cayman Beach Suites is located right next to Red Sail Sports. There, you can do many things such as jet ski, papaslil, snorkle, scuba dive, plus much more. You are also able to rent equipment which is very helpful. All the wrokers at Red Sail Sports know what they are doing.
The pools are great. They have 2 pools one of the pools contains a volley ball net and a basketball hoop and the other is just a swimming pool. They are often cleaned and never too crowded. By the pool area is a gift shop. They sell souvineers, boards, sunscreen, and even snorkleing equiptment! They also have a gift shop that has very high end clothing. The beach area isn't very big, but since the hotel has only has 5 stories there aren't as many people. The beach area itself is amazing. It is a 7 mile beach, and it has a great view.
The rooms were very big, and very spacious. The rooms all have at least 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, a living area, a kitchen, and a balcony. The rooms were well decorated and cleaned very nicely. The service was wonderful and there were many great resturants. The resturants were called Luca, Hemingways, Deckers, and Edwardos. This was a very good trip and I highly recommend it.

cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

We just returned from Cayman and really liked CBS. Rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable! Gift shops are great!!! We loved the smaller pool area, very pretty and a great way to meet nice families! We ate lunch there everyday and the service and food were excellent!! The beach area is a bit small, but not nearly as crowded as the Westin and Ritz!! Red Sail is excellent. Take advantage of it. The staff is amazing and they know what they are doing!! Yes, it is expensive on the island, but that is no surprise, but well worth it! You do not visit the Cayman Island if you are on a tight budget!!!!
Some of the good restaurants are: Luca, Deckers, Hemingways. All are in walking distance. It's a good idea to take the bus, cabs are costly.
We also enjoyed the swimming w/ the dolphins and loved the snorkeling. Our family did alot of the watersports at Red Sail.
Overall a great time. We will visit again. We met nice families and it is a safe place!! We left w/ a huge bill, but will always have great memories..... no regrets!!!

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

My husband and I just had our wedding at the Grand Cayman Beach Suites and it was absolutely pefect. We had never been to Grand Cayman before but I have always wanted a destination wedding and so the online research began. Grand Cayman always appealed to me from what I'd heard from people who had been there and from photos that I'd seen. I started contacting different resorts to get an idea of pricing, services and options for our wedding. Once I spoke to Marina Flynn, the Catering and Sales Manager, at the Beach Suites, I was sold. Marina was incredibly organized, always replied to my questions and emails promptly and always had great suggestions once the planning began. To top it off Marina was an absolute pleasure to share this experience with. Our wedding day was perfect. Everything from the property to the food to the service to the decor and details far exceeded my expectations. I really couldn't ask for a better outcome. Planning a destination wedding can be daunting when you can't be there to oversee everything. i think the key is to have a reliable person at the destination who you can trust to get things done and has the experience to overcome any challenges. That is exactly what we got in working with Marina and thanks to her my dream of a fun, stress free, beautiful beach wedding came true.

The property is breathtakingly beautiful. The rooms are spacious and clean and the service was outstanding. The staff at the Beach Suites were very friendly and helpful. We had our reception at Hemingways Restaurant and our guests raved about the food. Many said it was the best meal they'd had. My only complaint is that it went too fast! We can't wait to go back for our anniversary one year.

• Stayed March 2010
orlando, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

I have to admit I was quite nervous to plan a destination wedding to the Caymans for a group of 20+ people. I had no idea what to expect. We stayed at the Marriott for the first two nights because of the lower cost. If I could do it over again, I would not have stayed at the Marriott and would have stayed the entire trip at the Beach Suites. The price of the Beach Suites was well worth the experience. The Marriott was undergoing construction, the pool was way too packed, there were flies all over (at first I thought that was just the Caymans in general, but after going to restaurants recommended by our wonderful wedding planner, Marina, and spending time at the Beach Suites, I realized that the flies were just somehow attracted to strictly the outdoor areas of the Marriott)!!!! The Marriott was okay, but what I am saying is that the Beach Suites really completed the entire experience. The Marriott was overcrowded with business travelers and people turning in points. Like I said, it was okay... but when you go on vacation in the Cayman Islands, the Marriott just feels out of place.

Marina put together such a dream wedding. Not once was she stressed or did she allow me to be stressed. For weeks leading up to the wedding I was a wreck, so this is exactly what the doctor ordered. She catered to absolutely every need we had and made fantastic recommendations (I will write a separate review for Luca and Hemingways). Even the nightcap across the street at Deckers was fabulous. Marina put in extra touches, made everyone feel comfortable and went out of her way to meet our schedules. She was an absolute pleasure to work with and such a detailed professional! I really expected things to go wrong. In my mind, I was taking advice from someone I did not know and who at the time only came recommended through someone on tripadvisor like myself. I would urge anyone to contact me if they are considering their dream wedding in paradise. I would have changed nothing and improved on so very little (my own details). We wanted the dream and it was received. The men played golf at Brittanica and reported back that it was wonderful. The women ate poolside and had a great luncheon. I can not wait to return and I will most certainly return to the Grand Cayman Beach Suites for anniversaries and any other vacations in the near future!

P.S. I truly enjoyed the swim up bar as well! Right up my alley!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

We traveled to this hotel last week from Chicago. My family booked three rooms and had to pay in advance months ago. We have a two year old son, my brother and his family have two small children and my Mom and Dad were also traveling with us. After an entire day of stressful traveling we arrived at the Beach Suites only to be told that they only had two rooms for us and they had overbooked the hotel. They said they could move us to three separate rooms the following night. After traveling all day, having to pay IN ADVANCE for THREE rooms, and the thought of having to move children from room to room, we concluded this was totally unacceptable.
This place tries to advertise itself as a high end resort. Its totally run down. The lobby is dirty. The elevators look like they havent been cleaned in months. There is mold on the patio furniture. The furniture upholstry in the rooms are worn and dirty. If this hotel was half the price it advertises it would be a fine place to stay.
My family ended up paying just a little bit more for three garden view rooms at the Ritz. We were upgraded to ocean view at check in! Beautiful- well worth it!!!!!
I hate to say anything negative about another business but I truly believe that tthe Beach Suites is very overpriced and not well maintained.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

We just returned from our outstanding vacation at the Beach Suites. In all respects our expectations were exceeded. The room and view was tremendous as was the hotel staff and Hemmingway's restaurant. We walked seven mile beach every morning and in our opion felt the Beach Suites was the nicest. The smaller feel (only 50+ units all! facing ocean) with full ammenities, ie. pools, swim-up bar, nicest part of beach, spa, fitness center, shops, western exposure, sport equipment rentals, etc. made it better than the competitors. The room view was outstanding and the sliding glass doors open the full way (all 4 doors) creating an open air view of the ocean 12ft+ wide! We considered the Ritz and Marriott yet happy with our choice at the Beach Suites. Our three childres (16, 13, 8) loved it too. Lot's to do. The swimming is outstanding and the beach was very quiet. Never a battle to beach lounge chairs and they ALL have nice pads with sun cover! We've been to many places in the Caribbean and we like Grand Cayman and this hotel best!! We will be back next year.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Grand Cayman Beach Suites? Share your experiences!