I'll try to make this brief:
Do your research!
Grand Cayman's hurricane season is Sept - December, and the rates reflect this. We got a good deal, and it was the tail end of a benign hurricane season.
We got mixed messages about our hotel all of the way up to check in - people telling us this hotel wasn't even on the beach, etc. Turns out this hotel used to be the Hyatt, and had 2 sections to the hotel. One side was on the beach the other across the street, with a bridge over the road to connect the 2 sides. The section across the road ( not on the beach) is now gone - taken away as a result of the hurricane in 2004. The only part of this hotel left is on the beach. I don't know what it was like when Hyatt owned it, but the hotel is fantastic in my opinion. It is a very nice place, and the staff is wonderful! HINT: most Caymanians are very nice!
Recommend trying food from other spots if you are short on money. The hotel restaurant and Deckers which is across the street from the hotel, are expensive. I will say though, the food there was fantastic. Lone Star's food was cheaper, and not as extraordinary, but the wait staff was very nice. Go there on the "all you can each fajitas" night!
Also, there is a Red Sail Sports shop there at the hotel. Red Sail Sports actually has several shops around the island, and you can contract with them for everything from diving to sunset cruises on a Catamaran. I would say there are deals to be had with them - the sunset cruise was nice, and the food was good too - but some of what they offer is expensive. My brother could rent a wave rider from Red Sail for $75 a half hour, or go 30 feet south and get it for $65.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Beach Hotel
- Grand Cayman Beach Resort
- Hyatt Grand Cayman
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cayman
- Grand Cayman Beach Suites Cayman Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Cayman Beach Suites is the island's finest all-suites beach and golf resort. The 800 sq. ft. suites have spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea, famous Seven Mile beach and our uniquely designed swimming pools. The hotel resort offers exclusive facilities within the complex, 24/7 fitness center, deluxe European boutique spa, water sports facilities, on site dive center, catamaran trips and a Jack Nicklaus designed golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Grand Cayman Beach Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.