“Great little hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Cayman Beach Suites

Save Saved
You added Grand Cayman Beach Suites to your Saves list
Grand Cayman Beach Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Seven Mile Beach KY1-1101, Grand Cayman (Formerly Hyatt Beach Suites)   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Great little hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Have just spent 9 nights here with no complaints whatsoever. Had the rooms with the full balcony and well worth the extra. The rooms are suites and are extremely comfortable all overlooking the ocean Best beach on 7 mile beach and one of the quietest as the hotel is small compared to the ritz and the westin which we much prefer to these larger resort chains. The staff are probably the friendliest and Hmong helpful of anywhere we have stayed. Altogether a great place to stay and would not consider anywhere else when we return!

Room Tip: One of the higher rooms for the view over grand cayman
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I thought the staff at the hotel were very nice and welcoming and the room I stayed in was clean.

The reason I am giving this place only 2 stars is because when I checked out there was a daily housekeeping fee of $21 CY and an environmental daily fee of $4.20 CY. No where when I checked in was this mentioned nor on their website. I asked what these fees were and was told my the front desk staff that housekeeping fee is for housekeeping and environmental fee was for "garbage". I think it was devious that the hotel did not ever mention these additional fees because I tipped housekeeping every day I was there. So they got my money twice. I have never heard of anything done like this at a hotel before.

Another thing for anyone traveling to Cayman should know that is all bills will have a %15 gratuity added on.

Construction is going on. It's not terribly noisy but you definitely know it's going on...

One other thing...wi fi is not free. $9.99 a day. I needed it so I didn't have a choice but in 2014 most hotels just offer free wi fi even if it's just by the bar/lobby

I've been to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world and I honestly didn't find the beaches of Cayman to be mind blowing.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
BeachSuitesGM, General Manager at Grand Cayman Beach Suites, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide this important feedback. I watch this forum carefully for comments and I take seriously all comments made in order that we can use them to better our services and provide a better stay for all of our guests. Please be assured that I am taking into consideration all of the points you identified and please let me take the opportunity to comment on some of your issues mentioned.

The service charge in question is common practice among all hotels in Cayman and regulated by the Cayman Islands Labor Board who make sure that all collected gratuities are correctly distributed among all non managerial positions. This charge along with accommodation tax and environmental fee was clearly outlined on your reservation confirmation letter as one total. Upon check in it is stated in the first paragraph of welcome letter that these charges are over and above the daily rate. By all means this is not a hidden charge and the hotel informs guest prior to and upon arrival the rates are subject to a 13% hotel tax, 10% service charge and 2% environmental surcharge. We encourage all guests to read confirmation letters and welcome letters as they provide valuable information about the hotel policies and the Cayman Islands.

We do charge for WIFI as we feel the guest should have the option to purchase the service rather than hide it in a resort fee which we do not charge at our resort, other hotels on Grand Cayman charge up to $45 per day as a fee which includes free WIFI. For those who don't need constant access we do offer free internet in the hotel executive office for those who want to check emails or print boarding passes and also provide free WIFI in our Britannia Grille Restaurant .

On a positive note I am happy that your holiday was enjoyable and you generally liked the hotel and restaurants we have to offer and hope one day you will return to visit us.

regards
Bill Powers
Warwick, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is our second stay at the suites. What I like best about this place every room is a suite and has a view of the ocean. The location is perfect and the staff is very friendly. I will return in the near future.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We recently stayed at the Beach Suites for four nights over. We had an ocean view suite with a full walk out balcony. I would have loved to use the balcony more often, but it was so hot and humid that it often felt like an oven if you sat out there during the day. During the evening it was cool enough to enjoy the sunset :)

The suite itself was huge! There was a nice little kitchen area with a small fridge and microwave. We actually purchased groceries from the local market and made breakfast in the room each morning. It was a great way to save money and allowed us to enjoy the wonderful views.

We loved the beach chairs with attached covers. It was perfect for personalizing the amount of sunshine you wanted. I never used the pool so I cannot comment on it, but how could you when you had a beautiful ocean right at your foot steps.

I used the gym a few times and they have a good amount of the regular equipment you would need (treadmill, bike, free weights, etc..). The one complaint i would have is that I wish that had hand towels in there for you to use.

Also- they don't have free wifi. You have to pay a daily surcharge if you want to use it (which is quite expensive). This would be only other complaint.

Overall this was a wonderful stay and I would definitely return again.

Wellington NZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had less than 12 hours on Grand Cayman Islands but had a lovely stay the the Beach Suites. Nice walk along the beach then swim in sea and pool. Had a nice dinner outside at the bar/restaurant by the pool looking out towards the sea.
Room was huge and more than we needed for a night but it was still a great choice.

North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Off season stay during our honeymoon. The staff is extremely friendly and the service was impeccable. Turn down service at night with chocolates and replacing bath towels (the last night substituted two single serve rum cakes with a card thanking us for our stay). Keurig coffee makers in the room with an ample supply of coffees and teas in the lobby. The swim up pool bar (with deck side seating on the other side has a grand view of the sea. Amenities include a wonder spa for massages as well as attached sea sports rentals (wave runners, SUP boards, etc). Big plus- Lauren's is right across the street- easily the best breakfast you'll have in Cayman.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our room, on the fifth floor, had a full balcony and overlooked the resort's two pools with a direct view of the ocean. (The room was a complimentary upgrade from a partial balcony to a full balcony!!!) The room (8504) was immaculate and included a spacious living room with a sink, microwave, and small refrigerator. I think it was the best room in the hotel for view and comfort. Every staff member was unbelievably friendly and helpful. Within walking distance of fantastic restaurants. Taxi required only when traveling to and from airport. Rode bus into George Town. Don't miss the trip to the Turtle Farm (complimentary shuttle transportation provided.)

Room Tip: Request the fifth floor and check to see if any renovations or construction are underway. The resor...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Cayman Beach Suites? Share your experiences!