The Grand Cayman Beach Suites is a gem in the Cayman Islands. We stayed 9 nights and enjoyed every minute of it. My 2 year old cried when we got back home because she wanted to go back to the "hotel." We arrived early and our room wasn't ready. The front desk staff treated us to champagne while we checked in. They stored our suitcases, we changed our kids and headed out to enjoy the property and the much awaited 7 mile beach! Our room had an amazing view. It was immaculately cleaned and came with a kitchenette. Perfect for us as we could make Mac and Cheese in the microwave. It also came with a toaster. You can head out to Fosters or Kirk's supermarket to stock up on a few grocery items. Their food prices are high. Grocery in general is expensive. Restaurant meals are comparable to New York City or even Hawaii as far as prices go. A taxi for 4 of us from the airport to the beach suites cost us 28.50 USD. The return trip to the airport was 30.00 USD.
Almost all restaurants automatically charge a 15% gratuity surcharge so there is no need for additional tipping...unless you want to of course. On Sundays, most places are also closed.
The front desk staff are very efficient and very knowledgeable. The front desk manager Tricia Miller is truly a gem. Deborah is also an asset and so is Milly in Housekeeping! The construction noise I read about here on Tripadvisor was definitely a non issue.
Overall, an amazing stay. Would definitely recommend and would surly return!
- Also Known As:
- Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Beach Hotel
- Grand Cayman Beach Resort
- Hyatt Grand Cayman
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cayman
- Grand Cayman Beach Suites Cayman Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Cayman Beach Suites is the island's finest all-suites beach and golf resort. The 800 sq. ft. suites have spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea, famous Seven Mile beach and our uniquely designed swimming pools. The hotel resort offers exclusive facilities within the complex, 24/7 fitness center, deluxe European boutique spa, water sports facilities, on site dive center, catamaran trips and a Jack Nicklaus designed golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Venere, Amex, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Grand Cayman Beach Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.