First, to echo what other reviewers have said, this hotel is not the Ritz and should not be compared to it. For example, a 2 bedroom suite at the Ritz starts at $2400 per night and at GCBS it's around $1000. The Watercolours is still under construction (inside and outside) and it is noisy at times despite what anyone says. Our 3 year old boy liked to watch the construction though so it might not be an issue and could even be a positive.
The service here is very good (in some cases excellent, ie Kylie the head bartender at the pool). There is no specific concierge, but the front desk personel are more than capable of making restaurant or golf reservations or anything else that we wanted. I have to say that I was very frustrated upon our arrival because a member of our party that made it to the hotel before us was not allowed to check in and enter the room. My wife specifically emailed the hotel and asked that she be allowed to check in and also given access to the room so there was definitely a miscommunication. The pool area is very nice-pool was always clean, swim up bar with 4-5 seats, they keep the grounds clean and nicely manicured; the beach is of course amazing. It would be nice to have umbrellas on the beach that could be moved with the sun. The rooms are clean and comfortable but could use some touching/freshening up. Our microwave was broken upon arrival but maintenance quickly replaced it. There is no oven in the room just fyi, and the fridge is small with no freezer but can store leftovers, etc. The wireless internet was not the fastest I have ever used and was sometimes tedious to re-login but suffices. All-in-all, the GCBS is a very nice, boutique-feeling, smaller property but is not perfect (no hotel is though right). We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Cayman Beach Suites is the island's finest all-suites beach and golf resort. The 800 sq. ft. suites have spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea, famous Seven Mile beach and our uniquely designed swimming pools. The hotel resort offers exclusive facilities within the complex, 24/7 fitness center, deluxe European boutique spa, water sports facilities, on site dive center, catamaran trips and a Jack Nicklaus designed golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TravelClick, Amex, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Cayman Beach Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Beach Resort
- Hyatt Grand Cayman
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cayman
- Grand Cayman Beach Suites Cayman Islands