The beach suites was a beautiful property to stay at. It is by far the most gorgeous stretch of beach we have ever visited. The sand is white powder and the water was clear and blue. The room is huge with plenty of closet space and a kitchenette, which is good to store snacks and drinks. There is a liquor store across the street and a grocery store a short walk away which you can take a cart home from. (They pick it up at the end of the day). It is right across the street from deckers which was probably the best meal we had on the island (all you can eat lobster night).
The caymans are super expensive as far as food goes, but almost every meal we had was delicious. One great find we found right on the property was sidebar, which had a daily happy hour with half price drinks and 50 cent wings. It was by far the best deal we found on the island and we went there almost daily. The beach bar had really good food too, and was also fairly priced considering it is a hotel restaurant. I would recommend taking the free shuttle to the Britannia for breakfasts, unfortunately we found out about them on the day we left. I thought the breakfast was much better than hemingways, usually I would just try and hold out for lunch because it just wasn't worth the cost.
The girls at the front desk were very helpful, we had a tour cancel at the last minute and she had us on another one within 15 minutes, as well as helped us get the photographs from the tour we were waiting for. I recommend having them do the bookings for you, they are nothing but pleasant and I didn't realize until the end of the trip that every local phone call we made was $1.50.
Finally the biggest part of our vacation-- my fiancée and I decided to get married after we had already booked the vacation. Marina Flynn the wedding coordinator was amazing, and put everything together for us very easily. Photographer, minister, and even offered to pick me up from my hair and makeup so that I wouldn't melt in the heat. It was a beautiful day for us and that is mostly due to Marina's efforts.
The construction wasn't ideal to look at everyday, as our room was on that side, but it was just the walkway to the door. The balconies overlook the pool area. The noise rarely bothered us.
The hotel never felt crowded, there was never a problem getting a beach chair, and all in all we just had a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Cayman Beach Suites is the island's finest all-suites beach and golf resort. The 800 sq. ft. suites have spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea, famous Seven Mile beach and our uniquely designed swimming pools. The hotel resort offers exclusive facilities within the complex, 24/7 fitness center, deluxe European boutique spa, water sports facilities, on site dive center, catamaran trips and a Jack Nicklaus designed golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TravelClick, Orbitz, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Cayman Beach Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Beach Resort
- Hyatt Grand Cayman
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cayman
- Grand Cayman Beach Suites Cayman Islands