Having never visited the Cayman islands I was initially lost on where to stay for my vacation. I had used Tripadvisor to get some help from the other travelers. I ended up selecting the Grand Cayman Beach suites. The hotel use to be the Grand Hyatt. It is a bit old but the rooms are very spacious and very well maintained. The bed sheets are always clean and well kept by housekeeping which is very important to my wife and I. The staff is friendly and there is a Red Sail water sport office to setup dives and other activities. Other than the dated décor the room is very nice. I ended up paying for a balcony room with a beach view and it was great as it overlooks the pool, beach, and the ocean.
Net, the Grand Cayman Beach suite is a very good hotel if you do not plan to spend most of your time there. The restaurant, bar, and pool was very quite (maybe due to low season??). One observation is that the beach bar drinks are not very strong (actually light on the alcohol). The food was OK and there are other restaurants close by. If you are looking for a value priced hotel this is excellent. If you want all of the five star amenities then the Ritz Carlton down the road would be a better choice.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Beach Hotel
- Grand Cayman Beach Resort
- Hyatt Grand Cayman
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cayman
- Grand Cayman Beach Suites Cayman Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Cayman Beach Suites is the island's finest all-suites beach and golf resort. The 800 sq. ft. suites have spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea, famous Seven Mile beach and our uniquely designed swimming pools. The hotel resort offers exclusive facilities within the complex, 24/7 fitness center, deluxe European boutique spa, water sports facilities, on site dive center, catamaran trips and a Jack Nicklaus designed golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Amex, Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Grand Cayman Beach Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.