“Fabulous resort!!! Beautiful beach!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Cayman Beach Suites

Save Saved
You added Grand Cayman Beach Suites to your Saves list
Grand Cayman Beach Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Seven Mile Beach KY1-1101, Grand Cayman (Formerly Hyatt Beach Suites)   |
Special Price
Fall into Cayman Deal
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Farmington, MI
“Fabulous resort!!! Beautiful beach!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband, 13 year old son, and I were there for 6 nights the 3rd week in April. The staff was so friendly when we checked in. Our room wasn't ready yet, but we just grabbed our swim suits and went to the beach! I read on Trip Advisor not to let the small lobby fool you, and don't let it. Our room was fantastic. Large, nice furnature, comfy bed. The staff came in twice a day to clean and turn down the bed. They women at the front desk were so helpful and gave us great information. They booked our excrusions for us, gave us advice on restaurants (Go to Decker's and The Wharf, for sure). The bartenders and the front desk staff knew our names by the second day, which was impressive. Everything was very clean. The pools and pool bar are very nice. Great drinks! There were always chairs available at the pool and the beach. It is a smaller resort, but we really liked it. The beach is absolutely the most beautful we have ever seen. The island is very clean and safe. We walked almost everywhere. We did experience the construction. Our room was on that side. It only bothered us one morning, but we get up early anyways. It didn't bother us when we were on the beach or at the pool. When we return to the Cayman Islands, we will return to the Grand Cayman Beach Suites.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The check in at this location was great they give you a glass of Champagne, the room was not ready when I arrived which again not a big deal as the beach right outside and the view and location beautiful.

The Pros of this property
-location location location it is located on seven mile and pretty close to the airport
-walk along the beach (seven mile beach ) to other resorts, restaurants, e.t.c.
-close to camana Bay Shopping
-rent jet skis, paddle boards, all of this located on property
- community water trampoline which is a favorite for adults and kids

The Cons of the this property
- if you are traveling now or will be within the next 6 months-year? not sure how long the consturction on the massive condo project next door (Watercolours) will take , but if you are looking to relax and get away from noisy construction, well my suggestions would be to stay elsewhere. Workers arrive around 6:30 a.m. and even though construction is not supposed to start until 7am, it did. My bedroom was on the contruction side and my patio was facing the pool/beach
-The first day on arriving the Hotel had no water
-The third day the Hotel had a power outage
-no free wifi and no business center, they have one computer in an exectutive office that is an old
PC (Guest are free to use this machine to check email or to print off airline tickets)
-beach chairs and canopys were older

Overall I would only give this loacation 1 star and that is because of the loaction and the beach. The staff was unwilling to allow me to checkout and not to be charged even though they had no water and construction next door, they advised that they can not advise guest of construction since they are not doing construction. I checked out the Westin and for an Ocean facing room it was cheaper than the rate through orbitz , and the Westin was a much nicer property, from the hotel itself, to beach chairs, service, business center, cafe to get coffee and pastries, pools, e.t.c. Also the Ritz Carlton was great however it was double the cost so it just depends on what you are looking for. I did also check out the Marriott however I wasn't impressed. I would have to say out of all of them and for the price and for what is included like beach towels for the chairs, wifi, business center, e.t.c. it was the Westin that took first place, if you are wanting to pay more and step up a level than the Ritz may be for you.

It was really disappointing that the Hotel was not willing to allow me to check out even though no water, construction, the room booked was not the room that I received, and just in general the property is older and could use an update & some TLC. It appears that the entire staff is not very friendly, I rarely received a hello or a smile, unusual for a Hotel/resort. A smile and hello goes a long way i the hospitality business :).

Room Tip: if you do go to this Hotel I will book OCEAN FRONT ROOMS not ocean view and I certainly would not b...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BeachSuitesGM, General Manager at Grand Cayman Beach Suites, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are grateful for the posts made here as it gives us an opportunity to improve our service and provide a great guest experience.

I sincerely apologize for the construction next door but the noise varies depending on what project they are working on, currently they are working on the interior fit-out so many times the noise is not an issue however I will be relieved when they are completed. I did check your reservation manifest and you were placed in the room type that you reserved. The very next day we tried to resolve the noise issue and offered an upgraded room away from the construction but you declined the offer.

The interruption in the water service was due to our supplier Cayman Water, not only was the hotel without service so was 200 homes in the area. The water issue was resolved within 3 hours and we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Unexpectedly we did experience a main breaker tripping on our electrical service but it was reset and back in service in less that 5 minutes, unfortunately we cannot anticipate all breakdowns but can only react in a timely manner.

Our internet pricing is in line with 3 branded properties Marriott, Westin and Ritz Carlton and as more guests bring tablets, laptops and games we have had to triple our bandwidth and subsequently had to pass on these costs to the guest. We feel that our daily price $9.99 and weekly packages $49.99 offers good value but we are unable to offer it free as most hotels do stateside. As an alternative we offer our guests free internet access in our offices and Britannia clubhouse so that you may check emails or print boarding passes.

Last fall we spent considerable resources replacing carpets, living room furniture, mattresses, painting interior and exterior walls and installed HDTV for our 40inch flat screens. We have scheduled a renovation of the public washrooms in May and 100 new beach chairs, cushions and bimini canopies have left Miami today for arrival next week.

We offer a small boutique suite resort that caters to guests who want warm and friendly staff and spacious accommodations. Overall, we would love for each and every guest’s stay to be problem free and my staff and I are committed to this goal. I thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback so that we can continue to better serve our guests.

Bill Powers
Old Tappan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Fantastic Time. People wonderful. Lunch BBQ awesome. Location perfect. It is expensive but the whole island is but it is worth the money. Love to go again next year. Balcony Rooms with an ocean view are the way to go.

• Stayed February 2013
Merrick, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed at the suites this past week for our anniversary and had a very nice time. As other people have stated, the people running the place are totally awesome. Especially Rosanna who was at the front desk, Brad the bartender and even down to the people who open doors and clean your room. The room was great but I wished we had a stove because everything is so expensive. We did go to Fosters and brought back lunches. We brought oatmeal from home and even went out one night to chicken chicken which we thought tasted fabulous. I would go back to the suites but renting a condo may pay off. No buy back drinks and each round in Ci is $8.50 the first day we blew $65.00. Just sitting at the bar. We were smart enough to buy some absolute at the duty free shop and get some wine when we got there. I would have loved to barbeque one night but that was not possible. We went to Ortinque in Cabana Bay for our anniversary and it was fabulous. Hemmingways at the hotel was also great. All in all cant complain but expect to pay at least over a hundred US dollars for dinner.

Room Tip: A high floor we were on side of construction and it didn't bother us.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Leesburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I just got back from GCBS. We travelled 4/25-5/1. We selected the hotel due to the positive reviews from trip advisor members and I have to say that I agree with all of them.

Arrival:
We picked up a cab at the airport. There are posted prices all over the internet for the exact fare from the airport to your hotel and that is exactly what we paid, $21 USD.

Hotel: Upon arrival at the hotel, our room was not ready (we were 2 hours early) so we left our luggage with Anthony and he locked it up for us. With our complimentary mimosa’s in hand, we walked the property for a while to get a lay of the land. When our room was ready, we were pleasantly surprised. We had the standard 1 bedroom king suite with a view of the pool/ocean. Very nice. The room itself was fine. We especially loved the separate bedroom area. Our room was cleaned twice a day. Nice touch.

We had room service for breakfast twice. We chose to have it delivered between 8:00 and 8:30. Both times, it was delivered at 8:00 on the dot. Awesome!

Pool/Beach: We don’t go to the beach to sit by the pool so all I can say about the pool is that it appeared to be very clean. As for the beach, what can I say. The water is absolutely the best we’ve seen so far. We’ve been to Turks and Caicos, Bahamas, Aruba and this water, by far, was fantastic, the best. So clear, so blue.

The beach appeared to be well kept, except for those lazy travelers who simply won’t throw away their own garbage. Several times throughout our stay, staff would come around with ice water and cold towels. It was VERY HOT so the towels were much appreciated.

We would get to the beach at different times during the day and there were always loungers available. We walked the beach towards the Ritz and ugh, they were packed in like sardines down there. One of the best things about GCBS is that it is small, only about 53 suites. You are never on top of another person, plenty of space for all.

There are a few negatives though and not about the GCBS, about Grand Cayman in general:

Unless there are cruise ships in town, Georgetown pretty much shuts down at 4:00. That is quite unfortunate. Another negative is that it is very expensive. You will notice this whenever you eat. They list the CI price and the US price. Man. Very expensive The dollar does not convert very well. We knew this before we went but wow, it really is rather expensive to go to Grand Cayman. One final negative is, don’t waste your time going to Hell. It is very rundown and just a complete waste of your time.

Restaurants you must go to:
Regazzi ( our favorite)
Copper Falls Steak House
Deckers

All in all, a great trip. Can’t wait to go back

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The Beach Suites is probably as good a hotel as there is anywhere.
Look, the suites are exactly what you would expect, spacious, spotless, modern and well appointed but you can get that at any Marriot or Hilton type chain, what sets this place apart is the location, which is perfect and the staff are without question of the highest calibre I've ever known, we could name a few but why? They're all brilliant (especially Kylee, couldn't resist!!!).
If you're going to Grand Cayman, stay here, you'll thank me I promise!

• Stayed April 2013
Lincoln Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at the Grand Cayman Beach Suites April 15 - 19. Although I had concerns regarding the construction taking place next door, I heard little if any construction noise even though my room was on that side of the property. I found the service to be excellent. There were two minor issues with my room. In both cases, literally within minutes of my call, someone was at my door to remedy the problem. The entire resort was clean and well maintained. The beach is beautiful and there was always a beach chair available - no need to arrive at the crack of dawn to secure a seat. My only disappointment was the restaurant choices for dinner. Hemmingways was fancier than I wanted and the Side Bar had too few selections. However, as there are two fantastic restaurants right across the street, this wasn't much of an issue. If you like Italian food, don't miss Ragazzi's. Overall this resort is an excellent choice. I definitely plan to return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Grand Cayman Beach Suites? Share your experiences!