“Great trip!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Cayman Beach Suites

Save Saved
You added Grand Cayman Beach Suites to your Saves list
Grand Cayman Beach Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Seven Mile Beach KY1-1101, Grand Cayman (Formerly Hyatt Beach Suites)   |
Special Price
Great Spring Deal
Merrick, New York
“Great trip!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed at the suites this past week for our anniversary and had a very nice time. As other people have stated, the people running the place are totally awesome. Especially Rosanna who was at the front desk, Brad the bartender and even down to the people who open doors and clean your room. The room was great but I wished we had a stove because everything is so expensive. We did go to Fosters and brought back lunches. We brought oatmeal from home and even went out one night to chicken chicken which we thought tasted fabulous. I would go back to the suites but renting a condo may pay off. No buy back drinks and each round in Ci is $8.50 the first day we blew $65.00. Just sitting at the bar. We were smart enough to buy some absolute at the duty free shop and get some wine when we got there. I would have loved to barbeque one night but that was not possible. We went to Ortinque in Cabana Bay for our anniversary and it was fabulous. Hemmingways at the hotel was also great. All in all cant complain but expect to pay at least over a hundred US dollars for dinner.

Room Tip: A high floor we were on side of construction and it didn't bother us.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

685 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Leesburg, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I just got back from GCBS. We travelled 4/25-5/1. We selected the hotel due to the positive reviews from trip advisor members and I have to say that I agree with all of them.

Arrival:
We picked up a cab at the airport. There are posted prices all over the internet for the exact fare from the airport to your hotel and that is exactly what we paid, $21 USD.

Hotel: Upon arrival at the hotel, our room was not ready (we were 2 hours early) so we left our luggage with Anthony and he locked it up for us. With our complimentary mimosa’s in hand, we walked the property for a while to get a lay of the land. When our room was ready, we were pleasantly surprised. We had the standard 1 bedroom king suite with a view of the pool/ocean. Very nice. The room itself was fine. We especially loved the separate bedroom area. Our room was cleaned twice a day. Nice touch.

We had room service for breakfast twice. We chose to have it delivered between 8:00 and 8:30. Both times, it was delivered at 8:00 on the dot. Awesome!

Pool/Beach: We don’t go to the beach to sit by the pool so all I can say about the pool is that it appeared to be very clean. As for the beach, what can I say. The water is absolutely the best we’ve seen so far. We’ve been to Turks and Caicos, Bahamas, Aruba and this water, by far, was fantastic, the best. So clear, so blue.

The beach appeared to be well kept, except for those lazy travelers who simply won’t throw away their own garbage. Several times throughout our stay, staff would come around with ice water and cold towels. It was VERY HOT so the towels were much appreciated.

We would get to the beach at different times during the day and there were always loungers available. We walked the beach towards the Ritz and ugh, they were packed in like sardines down there. One of the best things about GCBS is that it is small, only about 53 suites. You are never on top of another person, plenty of space for all.

There are a few negatives though and not about the GCBS, about Grand Cayman in general:

Unless there are cruise ships in town, Georgetown pretty much shuts down at 4:00. That is quite unfortunate. Another negative is that it is very expensive. You will notice this whenever you eat. They list the CI price and the US price. Man. Very expensive The dollar does not convert very well. We knew this before we went but wow, it really is rather expensive to go to Grand Cayman. One final negative is, don’t waste your time going to Hell. It is very rundown and just a complete waste of your time.

Restaurants you must go to:
Regazzi ( our favorite)
Copper Falls Steak House
Deckers

All in all, a great trip. Can’t wait to go back

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The Beach Suites is probably as good a hotel as there is anywhere.
Look, the suites are exactly what you would expect, spacious, spotless, modern and well appointed but you can get that at any Marriot or Hilton type chain, what sets this place apart is the location, which is perfect and the staff are without question of the highest calibre I've ever known, we could name a few but why? They're all brilliant (especially Kylee, couldn't resist!!!).
If you're going to Grand Cayman, stay here, you'll thank me I promise!

• Stayed April 2013
Lincoln Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at the Grand Cayman Beach Suites April 15 - 19. Although I had concerns regarding the construction taking place next door, I heard little if any construction noise even though my room was on that side of the property. I found the service to be excellent. There were two minor issues with my room. In both cases, literally within minutes of my call, someone was at my door to remedy the problem. The entire resort was clean and well maintained. The beach is beautiful and there was always a beach chair available - no need to arrive at the crack of dawn to secure a seat. My only disappointment was the restaurant choices for dinner. Hemmingways was fancier than I wanted and the Side Bar had too few selections. However, as there are two fantastic restaurants right across the street, this wasn't much of an issue. If you like Italian food, don't miss Ragazzi's. Overall this resort is an excellent choice. I definitely plan to return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

What a gorgeous property! We had our wedding here and also stayed in a suite here for our wedding night. I loved it. The suites are spacious and bright and we had a full balcony with a view of Seven Mile Beach. Plenty of towels and great soaps and lotions. The staff went out of their way to make our day special and our room was set up nicely as well. They have a mini fridge/mini kitchen too. The only thing I would probably nix is the giant tub and instead put a huge stand up shower. I hate jacuzzi tubs for the most part and I would never use one in a hotel, but other than that, it was really nice. The rooms were spotless and comfortable.

We didn't have time to use the pool but like I said, we got married at the property right on the beach and our reception was held on their rooftop. Gorgeous venue.

We had breakfast the next morning at Hemmingways and it was top notch! Buffet-style but with all the things you could possibly want for breakfast were present, including freshly baked cinnamon raisin cookies and chocolate chip cookies! We couldn't possibly eat everything but wow, what a spread. Best breakfast I've seen at a hotel.

Overall, our stay was quite nice and I wish it were longer! It was an amazing place to spend our first night as husband and wife and gorgeous place to get married.

Room Tip: it's worth it to get a room on the 5th floor over looking the ocean and pool with full balcony.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was our first trip to Grand Cayman, and our hotel experience at Beach Suites was perfect. Really!
Our room (8510 top floor)- was VERY clean, and everything was in good working order. No issues with appliances, lighting, bathroom fixtures or TV. The kitchenette had everything you need, except for paper towels. The room had angles that made it feel large, no "boxed in" feeling. The bathroom has double sinks, and a delightful shower/tub. The decor is is not fancy, but very comfortable, and colorful. The only thing I could suggest to the hotel is that they hang more hooks on the backs of the bedroom, bathroom doors for drying wet clothing. There is a retractable clothesline in the shower, but nothing dries very well, probably because it is tropical climate. We ended up draping things over the chairs, and dining table to dry out at night.
Our room did not have a full balcony, but had a narrow one that ran the full length of our room. Plenty large enough to go out and enjoy the views, but not wide enough to sit. Oddly, the rooms with full balconies were set more toward the street side of the hotel, and it appeared that the ocean view on floors 1-3 would be obscured by trees. I can't confirm that, but worth checking into.

Staff- Absolutely the best...Every single person on the resort seemed interested in making us welcome, comfortable and happy. I have complete confidence you will be treated just the same during your visit..

Beach- Sandy. Very few small rocks. You can just walk out to snorkel. Swim out to the reefs to see schools of fish, coral, and turtles. Area for the older kids to swim and play on a trampoline raft.

Location/Noise- Yes, there is a huge building being constructed next door. And yes you will hear some noise. But never at night. And on the plus side, you don't have any people on the beach and in the water on that side.

Food- We had breakfast included in our package, and we took advantage of it every morning. Cooked to order, and full menu to choose from. We ate at Hemingways the first night; the food was fine, the sticker shock not so much. But we learned that everywhere on the island, you will face the difference between US dollars and Cayman dollars. Next time, I would just change my US for Cayman, and not have to deal with it. Better yet, use a credit card.

Internet- We chose not to use our phones or devices while in the Caymans. We decided that the cost at the hotel per device, and the questionable connection (other reviewers) didn't warrant paying for that service. If you are traveling with another party, room to room calls are free.
Overall- If I go back to Grand Cayman, I will definitely stay at the Beach Suites. And ask for room 8510!

Room Tip: Higher rooms will not have as much pool noise. 5th floor balconies are longer than other floor balc...
San Antonio, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We were extremely disappointed in our stay- the room was ok, but not what I expected. The hotel/condos next door were under construction and upon arrival, we noticed complimentary earplugs on the night stand. Right away, we knew it wouldn't be pretty. The staff was courteous but no more than what was required for them to keep their jobs. The beach bartender was great- nicest guy we met the entire trip. This was our second time to Grand Cayman, and we found it too built up and congested for us now... I prefer a more casual island vibe than GC is now, so maybe that was part of the turnoff. GCBS may be a more pleasant experience after the construction on Watercolors condos is complete.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Cayman Beach Suites? Share your experiences!