“Perfect little boutique hotel!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Cayman Beach Suites

Save Saved
You added Grand Cayman Beach Suites to your Saves list
Grand Cayman Beach Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Seven Mile Beach KY1-1101, Grand Cayman (Formerly Hyatt Beach Suites)   |
Special Price
Great Spring Deal
Ranked #5 of 10 hotels in Seven Mile Beach
“Perfect little boutique hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Greeted with mimosas?! Why, YES, thank you!! From the moment we arrived we knew we had selected the perfect location for our vacation stay. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful, the location was perfect and the boutique size of the hotel lends itself to feeling open and not at all crowded. The room was perfect and while we only had the smaller balcony we felt that it was perfect for our needs since we could see and enjoy the ocean from the railing or from our couch! Although, not a lot of time is spent in the room so we were happy to spend the extra balcony bucks on a snorkeling trip. Room service was great – we did that in the mornings, spent all day on the beach and then went out for dinner (we loved Deckers across the street!). The beach is not crowded and there are plenty of chairs so we didn’t feel like we had to race out there and “save” seats. Take advantage of the Sunset Bar, nice bartenders and good drinks and in the afternoon they have BBQ that is delish! While we did not use their services, it is extremely helpful to have Red Sail based out of this hotel – I have used their services before in other places and they handle everything for you so there is little to worry about and no traveling to another location to go out to sea. While the construction on the expansion of the Beach Suites next door is a little bit of a bummer for noise in the morning, it wasn’t something we couldn’t deal with (I did bring ear plugs in case it was bad – I didn’t use them), but be forewarned that it isn’t completely unnoticeable.

We will definitely stay here again when we return – it is perfectly suited to our wants and likes of a relaxing vacation with restaurants within walking distance and plenty of beach and activities to enjoy all day.

704 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Just completed a week of diving and relaxing at the Grand Cayman Beach Suites and can definitely recommend the stay and service. Weather was perfect, the week before the Christmas rush turned out to be the perfect time to go. Minimal crowds and great prices. The hotel is small but big on features. Enjoyed the room layout and having frig an mwave worked great for us. Construction next door was not an issue. Dining out in the area can get expensive. A quick walk to the local grocery store and a few fast food joints help keep cost down. We ate at the Lone Sar, Rigazzis (across the street), Deckers and a chinese place down by the grocery store. (can't recommend the chinese place). Hotel service was very good, gotta mention I lost my expensive perscription sunglasses near the pool and the staff went to extra efforts and found them for me. Room was always cleaned before noon, turn down service was a nice touch. You get a small rum cake on your last night. Don't go to watch TV cause there ain't much to it but we didn't go to watch TV. Hotel needs to get FOX News channel. Red Sail sports provided our dive accommodations and I have to admit I was impressed. We have dove in several spots on the Caribbean with other outfits and Red Sail has them all beat. The set up was ok but the service was fabulous. A special note to Vicki who took care of us. THANKS!. James did a great job on our night dive. Good variety on dive sites and boat service was good. Don't waste you time/money on the evening sail. Not worth it. Sting Ray City was a blast. Overall enjoyed the trip, folks and service.

Room Tip: all rooms have views. a bit of road noise on ours being on the highway side.
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at Beach Suites for a week.It was our first time on the island.The hotel is situated on a great spot on the wonderful 7 -mile-beach,near George town and near-walking distance- bars,restaurants and Camana bay which is a great place to eat,drink,shop and spend a few enjoyable hours.The beach is really one of the best we have ever seen-and we have seen many all over the world-with white flour sand and calm blue crystal water.You can walk, jog or swim all along the beach.What I didnt like was the great number of empty beach chairs on our hotel beach which spoilt the place considerably.The suites are superb, spacious, beautifully decorated-ours had 10 pictures on the walls!- and the beds are the most comfortable ever.The staff was very helpful and friendly.Free coffee,tea and fruit daily at the reception and 50 US dollars weekly internet connection.Dont forget the free dolphin visit offered by the hotel and beware...everything, not only in the hotel, is very-very pricey!!!!!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms on high floors.
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was our 6th trip to Grand Cayman and I have to say I like the beach Suites the best. Use to stay at the Marriott, but sad to say they have lost their beach. Last March we stayed at the Westin and check in was horrible (saw the same routine every day with people demanding to see the manager), the staff at the bar and pool area were doing you a favor, the room backed up to the street, was small and cramped - truly has to be hurting the Westin brand - just not what you would expect. But the Beach Suites was fantastic, huge room with living and dining area separate from the king size bedroom and large bathroom - great space with a wonderful view and the best beach and location on 7 mile beach.
I had seen other reviews complaining about the noise from construction next door, so was a little worried but was not disturbed at all and I am a light sleeper. The work is mostly on the inside now and once you close your door, you don't see or hear it, as the rooms face away from it.
The staff in the lobby were very friendly, especially Rosanna who made our reservation and checked us in and made you feel if you needed anything she would be there to help. They also have a Keurig coffee maching in the lobby with a great selection of complimentary coffee and tea - day and night and there was always fresh fruit out in the mornng too. The beach bar was great, easy to sit and talk with other patrons, as well as Brad - one of nicest bartenders on the island. The lounge chairs are also the nicest on the beach, with nice cusions and adjustable canopies if you want shade.
No doublt I am going back to Grand Cayman and no doubt, I am staying at the Beach Suites, wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a view of the ocean, we had one with a French balcony, which was very quiet, even...
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We recently returned from the beautiful Cayman Islands. We stayed at the cayman beach suites because we were there for a wedding. The property and beach front was beautiful! It is a small property with minimal ammenities. I did like the fact that there were not masses of people everywhere. The wedding was on the beach which was clean with an amazing view. The food at the hotel was hit and miss. The only breakfast they had to offer was an enormous buffet for $25 per person which ofcourse does not include the large tax that is added and gratuity. The breakfast was good however, I do not want a buffet breakfast every morning. There was no where to just get coffee, fruit,yogurt, muffin etc. The rooms were large suites which all overlooked the small pool and beautiful beach. The rooms were nice but not the luxury I was expecting for the location and price. My BIGGEST complaint about this hotel is that there is an 8 story luxury condominium being built next to the hotel. Our room was right next to the construction which started at 6:45am on sat and even sun.! I do not complain but when on vacation I do not like being woken up to the sound of cranes,hammering and construction noise at 6:45am! My husband who can sleep through anything was even woken up.I spoke with the manager and her response was we do not have any control over the construction project she could change our room the next day. At that point we only had 1 day left of our vacation. My other complaint the staff! They were less than helpful and I did not feel they were professional at all. I know the staff cannot do anything about a construction project next door,but they could have offered complimentary meal,drinks or even a reduced room rate. There response was unacceptable. For those of you who may consider this hotel the construction will not be finished for at least 6 mo. stay elsewhere or specify you do not want your room next to the construction!

Room Tip: specify not next to construction
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BeachSuitesGM, General Manager at Grand Cayman Beach Suites, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments regarding our property we take them very seriously as our goal is to make each and every guest have an enjoyable stay. I'm glad that you feel that our property and beachfront was beautiful we try very hard to keep the hotel maintained. I reviewed your comments and would like to take the opportunity to address some of them. However I am confused at you feel that the hotel has minimal amenities as we offer a large gym, dive shop, jet skis, hobie cat, 9 hole Jack Nicklaus golf course, rooftop yoga, room service, 4 restaurants (one with a live jazz band on Saturday night), one activity pool with volleyball and basketball net, hot tub spa and a swim up bar in our second pool, nightly turndown service, shuttle to golf course, European spa, 2 retail shops, complimentary fruit and spa water in the lobby, bellman services, free computer and internet use in the hotel office, free wifi in Britannia clubhouse and HDTV in all rooms. If we've missed something that you feel we could offer please feel free to reach out to me and we can consider offering those services. Our restaurant offers a breakfast buffet only on Saturday and the price is 16.95 plus gratuity (no taxes, we are tax free in the Caymans) and the remaining 6 days we only offer ala carte breakfast from 7am to 10:30am. We offer take out service at the restaurants if you wished a muffin or yogurt it is available and coffee is free in lobby at our Keurig coffee bar. I apologize for the construction next door but the noise varies depending on what project they are working so many time the noise is not an issue however I will be relieved when they are completed. Regarding the front desk it seems that they tried to solve the problem and offered to move you to a room that was not affected by the construction as we want every guest stay to be enjoyable. If you felt compensation was required that request would have to come to me and we would then have a conversation to what was warranted. Thank you for your comments that our rooms are nice as we've spent considerable resources this year replacing carpets, living room furniture, mattresses, painting and installing HDTV on 40inch flat screens. We appreciate everyone's opinion but do know that décor tastes differ but our goal was to make the room comfortable and relaxing with our room footprint of 700 sq feet we offer lots of space for couples and families to spread out. Again thank you for taking the time to comment.

Regards,

Bill Powers
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

When booking our vacation, we were torn between ‘Grand Cayman Beach Suites’ and ‘Westin’. We chose this hotel based on the reviews of the big beach front (fyi, Westin has a comparable beach front). Usually, we would have stayed at the Ritz however there was no availability for a standard ocean front room. Upon check in we were offered mimosas and were directed to a changing room while our rooms were being prepared. The changing room was simply a bathroom right outside the lobby. The staff was just ‘ok’. They didn’t make us feel special or do anything extra. The concierge was a joke as it was the same person as the receptionist. For days I tried to call the concierge to add the ‘honey moon’ special to our room (although it wasn’t our honey moon) just to make the room a little extra special. I was rerouted several times and was never assisted. The front desk wasn’t helpful with suggestions and referred us to a website to activities and restaurants when we were initially booking.

The hotel is not luxurious whatsoever. It’s more of a family hotel, although the children weren’t obnoxious. The pool was pretty but didn’t offer much space for swimming . The pool bar came in handy but the food was eh. The spa was barely a spa at all. The facility consisted of 3 small massage rooms and one bathroom. We booked a one bedroom ocean front suite. The room was comfortable, very large, and featured all the comforts of home. The balcony was huge which we appreciated. The onsite gift shop prices were comparable to the rest of the island. There is a ‘Red Sail Sports Shop’ directly onsite which offers snorkeling, jetsking, banana boat rides, scuba diving, etc. We didn’t use the sports shop for our activities as they canceled our sunset catamaran ride. All and all I feel this hotel was pretty standard. Our vacation was absolutely fantastic, however the hotel played a very small part in why we enjoyed the trip so much.

Finally, there was construction going on next to the resort. We didn't mind, we just wish we would have been notified upon booking.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suites are directly facing the beach with unobstructed views. The standard ocean front...
San Ramon, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband & I celebrated his 50th birthday at Grand Cayman Beach Suites. We were pleasantly greeted by the reception desk with a glass of champagne and a wonderful bday surprise upgrade. Our one bedroom suite was decorated beautifully and was very comfortable. We'd sit on our balcony overlooking the beautiful pool and turquoise Caribbean Sea with palm trees swaying in the warm breeze. After looking at all the other hotels in the area, we agreed The Grand Cayman Beach Suites was the BEST hotel on Seven Mile Beach. Easy to get around hotel, friendly staff, great restaurant right on the beach, delicious food. great drinks at the swim up bar, enjoyed sitting on the hotel's comfortable lounge chairs at sunset. Loved the turn down service with a chocolate treat on pillow! It was hurricane season...we had 7 beautiful sunny days with only a few sprinkles of rain the whole time we were there. The rates of the hotel were fantastic! Hardly anyone was on SMB. No waits at the restaurants, very quite and relaxing. Looking forward to our next trip..we wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Cayman Beach Suites? Share your experiences!