We stayed at GCBS last week for four nights, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. While were were there for the major events kicking off the Pirate's week festivities the property never seemed crowded, with plenty of space to relax at the pool and the beach and never a lack of chairs in either place.
1. Spacious, clean rooms with cool shower/tub combinations. Just be careful getting out of the shower - I'm 6'3" and it was a big step to get out of the shower, onto a tile floor... Great views from every room, and many of the rooms have nice balconies with small sitting areas.
2. The beach had plenty of chairs - and I liked the style of chairs, which had a sort of convertible top that could swing back for full sun or be put up to give some shade. Beach was beautiful!
3. Loved the free coffee service in the lobby with a nice selection of KCups.
4. Nice boutique directly across from the lobby with some very reasonable prices on beach/island wear and friendly, helpful staff.
1. The oft-discussed construction next door was a bit of a noise issue, but not enough to make us miss any sleep or be an annoyance while on the beach. It was a bit annoying while in the room in the afternoon, but it stops every evening promptly at 6PM, to resume again at 8AM.
2. The AC was either off or arctic, with nothing in-between.
3. Felt that a property of this class should include free wi-fi. A bit off-putting that they charge you $9/day, when Margaritaville, Burger King, and Dunkin Donuts have it for free.
In short, the pros FAR outweigh the cons, and I would return in a heartbeat. Excellent property!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Cayman Beach Suites is the island's finest all-suites beach and golf resort. The 800 sq. ft. suites have spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea, famous Seven Mile beach and our uniquely designed swimming pools. The hotel resort offers exclusive facilities within the complex, 24/7 fitness center, deluxe European boutique spa, water sports facilities, on site dive center, catamaran trips and a Jack Nicklaus designed golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Cayman Beach Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Cayman Beach Hotel Seven Mile Beach
- Grand Cayman Beach Resort
- Hyatt Grand Cayman
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cayman
- Grand Cayman Beach Suites Cayman Islands