“Alan from Georgia” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Cayman Beach Suites

You added Grand Cayman Beach Suites to your Saves list
Grand Cayman Beach Suites
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Seven Mile Beach KY1-1101, Grand Cayman (Formerly Hyatt Beach Suites)   |
Special Price
40% off January Rates
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Seven Mile Beach
Panama City, Panama
“Alan from Georgia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The hotel was very nice and plush. We rented a one bedroom with king and a large suite with a queen couch. The bathroom was large with separate room for tolet and second sink. We only paid $150 ($183 with taxes)US which to us was a very good value compared to what others were charging.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This hotel was great! My husband and I had a very small simple wedding ceremony (just the 2 of us) here on the beach and it was so perfect. At the hotel, Noelle and Marina made everything so easy as far as planning and the ceremony. I was very happy with the way everything turned out and we will be back next year for our anniversary.... We had a ocean view room that was very nice and clean. Housekeeping was excellent. The bed was more comfortable than mine at home and it made me not want to ever leave. The air conditioner worked really well and kept the room very cool like we prefer. The balcony was only large enough for 2 people to stand, but that didn't really bother us. The ocean was absolutely the most beautiful color of turquoise. My only complaint (which is nobody's fault) was that it rained almost the whole time we were there because of a nearby tropical storm, so we will definetly be back so that we can better enjoy the beautiful beach and water.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

What beautiful rooms. Bright, cheery, adds to the carribean touch. Clean, quiet beautiful beach area too. If you like smaller hotels, this place is for you. The food was good too. The only complaint I have is there jacuzzi doenst work well at all. The staff was friendly. The food is expensive in the Caymans so we packed the mini frdge with lunch meats etc.

I still dream of my week in the Caymans, its been a year. I would defintely go back and would prefer to stay here instead of the Ritz Carlton. I have been to many islands in the carribean and so far, this was my favorite.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Colonial Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is the 5th property I have stayed/reviewed in Grand Cayman. I ended up there on a Travelocity "mystery hotel" deal because I was tired of the East End (again...). I will tell you this was an awesome deal. The suites are huge, and the service is wonderful. The proximity to Georgetown is excellent, and if you don't want to drive or walk that far, there are lots of shops in the hotel and nearby. The only thing that is stopping this place from being a 5 star hotel is the age of the property (a former Hyatt). The age makes it so some amenities lacking...there are virtually non-existent balconies, and then there are some strange anomalies that are awesome...like a microwave with convection and marble counters in the kitchen. The bedrooms are great with totally cozy beds. I had always wondered in previous trips who sponsored the walkway over the 7 mile beach road, and now I know. This is a great pick for not super luxury but enjoyment of the island. After staying at the Ritz Carlton and the Westin, I would still return to the Suites

Room Tip: Be Careful where you pick because the newest condo complex is being built next door. Ask to not be n...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
grand cayman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I couldn't afford to leave the island (yes, residents do need time away from "the rock" too, as hard as that may sound to non-residents) for a holiday, and a friend suggested a night at Beach Suites. I went reluctantly, thinking, 'What a ridiculous idea...big waste of money, what are you thinking?!" I was wrong. I was won over by a little champagne welcome in the room, a swim in the sea (mostly emerald colour that evening), lying on a lounger at the beach, a dip in the jacuzzi next to the pool, sunset from the hotel room balcony, and lovely dinner at nearby restaurant across the road. I left reluctantly the next morning, soundly reminded why I had chosen to come and live on this island in the first place, namely, the ever-changing sea (turquoise that morning), the welcoming beach, the friendly people, the exquisite sunsets, and so on. The room was large and clean, the room service and desk staff were polite, friendly, and very warm and friendly. I enjoyed the free coffee in the lobby. The lifts moved efficiently, and didn't creak and groan (a personal dislike), the airconditioning worked well, the bed linen was clean, the beds very comfy. I went back to work feeling like I had had a "proper break" and appreciating the island again. Only two tiny drawbacks: a few exuberant, unsupervised guest children in the jacuzzi outside (maybe an adults' only time could be drawn up for future?) but this is very much a family hotel and that is one of the charms in other respects so I shouldn't whinge too much. Also, water volume wasn't enough to fill bath tub quickly enough for impatient me.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I had a blast at this hotel. The rooms are large, very clean, and all appear to have a great view. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, and truly want you to have a great time.

While I was there, I met many people who were repeat customers, and that says something for the place.

The food is top notch, and they have a great bar that you can swim up to, or sit in the shade.

The staff outside, which I spent the most time with (seemed like a waste of such a nice room, but it was too beautiful to stay inside, were amazing. Brad, Stacy, and Lucci really all made my trip more memorable.

Whoever does the hiring also deserves kudos.

I will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: Rum Punch at sunset from the tiki bar....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 31st anniversary in September at the Beach Suites.(we also celebrated our 30th there and hope to celebrate our 32nd there) we love the suites, the rooms are very clean and updated. there is construction going on next door but that never bothered us. there was also work being done on the turtle pool while we were there and it was noisy. we were upgraded to an oceanfront(all the suites are ocean view) suite and given a resort credit.

The Red Sail sports was again wonderful for all of our diving needs. it is located in the hotel.I am very cautious and I was completely comfortable diving with them.

Everything is so pricey so try to take as much with you as you can . there is no Walmart to run to to pick up those forgotten items.(the hotel provides great bodywash,shampoo and conditioner so no need to worry about that.and a full size blow dryer. There is a Fosters grocery store up the street a few blocks that has most of the things that you might need if you forget something.They are closed on Sundays. the suites have a small frig,microwave,toaster and coffee pot(but I drank the keurig coffee that they offer in the lobby)
We primarily go to dive and relax so if you want to save some money on food here are some of the "less" pricey but good restaurants.
Eats
Sunshine Grill
Chicken Chicken
Treats
A La Kabob
Hemingways at the Beach suites has good fish and chips (lunch menu)
Subway has the 5 dollar footlongs(I try not to eat chain restaurants on vacation)
Gateway of India has a good buffet on Fridays 11-2

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Cayman Beach Suites? Share your experiences!